Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 01:27 PM   #121
Justy
Fanatic
Justy has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud ofJusty has much to be proud of

Device: Nexus 7, Sony Xperia z3 tablet, Kobo Glo, Boyue T63
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
just a reminder, it would be great if everybody could also ADD YOURSELF TO THE MOBILEREAD FRAPPR MAP !! a map makes it easy to see if there's anyone close by, and you can mention your device in the comment field. thanks !
Thanks for the reminder, I have added my Cybook Gen3 and iPaq 2490 to my pin.
Justy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:38 PM   #122
wwlearp
wwlearp began at the beginning.

Device: none
My first research into Ebooks is related to a Palm Treo 700w. Just collecting the readers, book sources for now. Have not actually read anything yet.
wwlearp is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 03:08 PM   #123
babygator
babygator began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwlearp View Post
My first research into Ebooks is related to a Palm Treo 700w. Just collecting the readers, book sources for now. Have not actually read anything yet.
im with ya
babygator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:06 AM   #124
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Question Longmont/Boulder, CO - want to see Kindle 2 or HanlinV3/BeBook/EZ-Reader or Sony 505

Is anyone in North Colorado area (around Longmont/Boulder) ? I am interested in seeing in action a Kindle 2 and/or Hanlin V3 (or BeBook or Astrak EZ Reader) and/or a Sony PRS-505 device.

I don't have an ereader at the moment, but will be happy to buy you a coffee

Thanks !
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:16 AM   #125
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Rana, if you get down to the Denver Tech Center area, I have a K2 I'd be happy to show you. Unfortunately, I don't get up your way very often.
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-02-2009, 01:35 AM   #126
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by BurBunny View Post
Rana, if you get down to the Denver Tech Center area, I have a K2 I'd be happy to show you. Unfortunately, I don't get up your way very often.
Thanks Amber ! I will definitely let you know if I am heading that way. I don't go to Denver downtown area often, but do drive by DTC once in a while.

Thanks !
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 01:54 AM   #127
TaraM
TaraM began at the beginning.

Device: undecided
Quote:
Originally Posted by rana View Post
Is anyone in North Colorado area (around Longmont/Boulder) ? I am interested in seeing in action a Kindle 2 and/or Hanlin V3 (or BeBook or Astrak EZ Reader) and/or a Sony PRS-505 device.

I don't have an ereader at the moment, but will be happy to buy you a coffee

Thanks !
I would also like to see anything that's around to be seen along the Colorado Front Range. Amber, I've PM'd you about coming down south

I can bring an iPhone and an EEE pc (linux) for show and tell, and I'm also happy to buy the coffee!
TaraM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:58 AM   #128
thibaulthalpern
Evangelist
thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thibaulthalpern ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: my two eyes, KLiiK, Sony PRS-700
Anyone in Santa Cruz, California?

I'm interested in taking a look at the Sony PRS-700 and see how well it deals with journal articles in PDF format. I'd be happy to buy you coffee/tea/chai etc. :-)

I only have bike and bus transportation so I can only be in and around Santa Cruz area. Thanks!

Last edited by thibaulthalpern; 03-03-2009 at 06:09 AM.
thibaulthalpern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:24 AM   #129
BurBunny
Zealot
BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.BurBunny has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2.0 In Hand
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraM View Post
I would also like to see anything that's around to be seen along the Colorado Front Range. Amber, I've PM'd you about coming down south

I can bring an iPhone and an EEE pc (linux) for show and tell, and I'm also happy to buy the coffee!
Tara, not sure if my first PM went through, but have responded again just in case. Hope we can get together!
BurBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #130
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Charlotte,NC .....Tall Hot Choc ..I love Starbucks...
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:13 AM   #131
PDS
Zealot
PDS began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Dell Mini 9, I-Phone
Hi

Im in Brisbane (South side) and have a Sony PRS-505

Dawn
PDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 01:58 AM   #132
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
see, i would have been less confused if it had stuck me in Paris, Texas. but instead it put me in Carrollton Texas. it took me forever to get out of there, too. now i don't dare touch the thing for fear of being catapulted back to texas again !
Try getting out of Carrollton, Texas in real life, as opposed to virtually! Easiest place to get lost in I've ever been. And yes, there is a Paris, Texas - I have a cousin who lives there.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:06 PM   #133
Alphapheemail
.a ribbon around a bomb.
Alphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura aboutAlphapheemail has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS700
PRS 700 in the NYC area...

weekends and evenings... if you have one thats not a prs 700 id like to see it.

Last edited by Alphapheemail; 03-09-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: wording sounded creepy... lol
Alphapheemail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 02:00 AM   #134
palex481
Connoisseur
palex481 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony PRS-505
I live in Charlotte,NC and I have a Sony 505, but would like to see the kindle up close so I can compare the two. Let me know and we can meetup!
palex481 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:19 PM   #135
Hantra
Enthusiast
Hantra began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Greensboro, Winston-Salem K2 Owner. . .

I'd be glad to show off my K2 to anyone in the Greensboro, Winston-Salem, NC area if you're deciding what to buy.
Hantra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
demo, in person, meetup, show