Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #1
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Touch
Kobo Touch starts and ends repeatedly

Hi everyone,

Sorry to create a new thread on this topic, especially as it is not really positive ...

My KT was working well yesterday, and now malfunction: it starts and ends at repeatedly!

I tried to do a soft reset (power button held more than 30 seconds); to reset with a paper clip; connect the beast to the computer; and, finally connect to a stand-alone charger. Nothing to do! It starts and turns off again. Not randomly as some Glo do, but regularly.

I did a firmware update (2.1.4) a few days ago, it is perhaps the culprit?

A lot of people seem to have similar problems as mine recently.

Anyway, if someone has an idea or a link to a solution, it would be appreciated!

PS The KT is connected for 30 minutes to the charger and continues to start and stop!
Arios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:09 PM   #2
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
I had an issue a bit similar after the last update (2.0.0) as I had let my sd card inside my touch during the process. What I did : remove the SD card. Force the touch to shut off by keeping the power button to the right during 3 seconds. Start it on (or try a soft reset with a paper clip). At least as the database was broken, I ended up with a factory reset, but I'm quite sure my problem came from updating with the SD card inside the reader. Let us know if you can resolve your problem and how
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-09-2012, 07:16 PM   #3
Arios
A curiosus lector!
Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Arios ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Merci de ta réponse vice-versa,

Je n'ai pas de carte micro-sd dans l'appareil et j'ai essayé tout ce que je savais. Rien à faire la pauvre liseuse tourne en boucle démarrer/redémarrer depuis des heures et j'attends que la pile soit épuisée!

C'est curieux: le coup du trombone, du bouton home et du bouton de démarrage tenu 30 secondes ne marchent pas; même le branchement à l'ordi qui réglait les problèmes avant, n'y fait pas.

Bonne journée vice-versa!

Back to Shakespeare!

I'll try to find a solution but it's not esasy when you dont have any clues!

I hesitate between a hardware problem or a corruption of the boot file.

I'll tell you later.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:13 PM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Was your update to 2.1.4 manual or via the Kobo desktop? If it was manual, that might be the problem. Some of the Touch's can't go directly from 2.0.0 to 2.1.4. Plus they all need a little preparation that is done by the desktop app or a WiFi sync.

From your description, I am not sure what your Touch is doing. Is it working OK for a while and then restarting. Or is it continuously restarting without reaching the home screen?

For the latter, you will need to do a factory reset to get your Touch usable again. To do this, hold the power button down for 15 seconds to make sure it is off. Then hold the home button down and turn it on. After the restore of the factory firmware, you will need to set it up again.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 10:50 AM   #5
Arios
A curiosus lector!

@davidfor

Thank you David for your reply,

The KT was updated via the Kobo desktop. I tried for a little while the 2.1 fir but that was not good for it and I go back to the 2.0.

At this moment the KT is completely frozen.

Here's what happens: the welcome screen appears and the little squares come alive. Then everything stops, the screen goes blank and the whole process restarts. During this "boot" sequence, the power led button turn from blue to green.

As I said David, I'm unable to stop the KT of initiate the loop.

I'll probably send it for a replacement.

Thanks again David.
Advert
Old 10-11-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
Arios
A curiosus lector!

A brief follow-up

My KT miraculously returned to life! After spending a night completely stoned (2 black squares, the other white), he resurrected this morning after a difficult start (yes, the power button has work this time... )

How long will this last? (strangely, it reminds me my first steps with Ubuntu ).

To all those who have problems with their KT, I want to say that God exists and takes care for Kobo, and you certainly must have faith to use these eReaders.

Now I have to wait another down and pray that it is not soon.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:07 PM   #7
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
Great !!!
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote