Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-12-2012, 09:30 AM   #1
rockster
Enthusiast
rockster began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I can't remove cover image from mobi file

I am trying to remove the cover image from one mobi file but i can't do this with calibre. I am removing the cover image from the "edit metadata" option but it doesn't actually remove it. When i open the file with kindle or Calibre e-book viewer the image is still there.

Is there any way to delete the cover image? I want to completely remove it from the mobi file?
rockster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 09:34 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, there isn't. Create a dummy image if you must.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #3
rockster
Enthusiast

Can i ask you then do you have any idea why the cover image is not showing in "Library view" on my Kindle for PC?
Old 09-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
travger
Evangelist
travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.travger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: palm tx, Windows7, Galaxy A5
Use mobiunpack plugin, delete link to the cover img from html (or cover from images folder), and make new mobi with your preferred mobimaker.
Make a copy first.
travger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 09:31 AM   #5
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Can i ask you then do you have any idea why the cover image is not showing in "Library view" on my Kindle for PC?
K4PC doesn't always (if ever, any more) use the metadata cover for library display. It downloads and stores a local copy of the cover image when purchasing/downloading Amazon content. I'll be honest... I don't know if it's possible any more to "roll your own" MOBIs and have K4PC display the cover. It seems as though it's tied to the official Amazon purchase/download process. Somebody might have figured out how to hack K4PCs db and get it to work, though.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #6
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Simply check the share not sync option in the mobi output settings in preferences, and reconvert the mobi.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:00 PM   #7
rockster
Enthusiast

I had one mobi file without any cover image so i use mobi2mobi to insert cover image and i saw that the cover image appears in "library view" on kindle for pc but if i try to change already existed cover image it still shows the old cover image.

I tryed the mobiunpack plugin and i unpack the mobi file with calibre then delete the images from the image folder and rebuild the mobi file. Then i use mobi2mobi to insert the new image and now the cover image is showing in Library view.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:03 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
This hassle is part of why Mobi is obsolete. It's just a pain in the a$$ to make most changes.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:07 PM   #9
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This hassle is part of why Mobi is obsolete.
Obsolete?? Funny... I just bought one today.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 04:08 PM   #10
drjenkins
Addict
drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.drjenkins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
This hassle is part of why Mobi is obsolete.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inigo Montoya
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
-drjenkins
drjenkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Obsolete?? Funny... I just bought one today.
You can buy Tyres for a Model T Ford. The car is still obsolete

I would expect you to be able to buy Mobi.
At least until sales of that format fall off so much .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote