Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-17-2011, 03:51 AM   #1
ianh68
ianh68 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
ACSM file problem

I have been happily downloading eBooks from Kobo and converting the ACSM files using Adobe Digital Editions, until now. My latest ACSM file results in the error message:

A Clockwork Orange:
IO Error on Network Request.
Please check your network connection and try again.

Network Path:
http://ecimages.shortcovers.com/ec4f...f0c8298d7.epub

Event Detail:
Error #2038
--- end ---

Any ideas what to do? Kobo aren't responding to my emails.
ianh68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 10:31 AM   #2
Jim Lester
Evangelist
Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.Jim Lester is less competitive than you.

Device: Nook HD, Nook for Windows 8
Well a quick check of that URL shows an HTTP 404 error. I would suggest continuing to ask for help from Kobo, as they are the only ones that can fix it so you can download that book. (It's a misconfiguration on their server).

ps If you are having problems with contacting Kobo, you may want to ask in the Kobo forums to see if anybody there has better ideas for getting hold of them. I've not heard of them being generally unresponsive.

pps Welcome to MobileRead.

Last edited by Jim Lester; 09-17-2011 at 10:35 AM.
Jim Lester is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-17-2011, 02:20 PM   #3
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You will actually need to open a Kobo support ticket for this one, I believe. If you have, but no one has responded, the Kobo staff at www.getsatisfaction.com/kobo are great at following up on this sort of thing--just include your support ticket number in your post there. The Kobo staff there are, as far as i know, many of those level 2 support people we hear so much about .
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 12:29 AM   #4
ianh68
ianh68 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Thanks a lot for these answers. I am still finding my way around this great forum so apologies for my delay in replying.

I have a friend who had a similar problem but got impatient with Kobo and told me not to use them. Although I think their support service is a bit cumbersome and slow, I have resolved the issue to mutual satisfaction (they are crediting my account) and will now stay with the company.
ianh68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 01:37 AM   #5
kiwipippa
Fanatic
kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwipippa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo glo, kobo touch (dead), kindle touch, android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ianh68 View Post
Thanks a lot for these answers. I am still finding my way around this great forum so apologies for my delay in replying.

I have a friend who had a similar problem but got impatient with Kobo and told me not to use them. Although I think their support service is a bit cumbersome and slow, I have resolved the issue to mutual satisfaction (they are crediting my account) and will now stay with the company.
Out of interest, did they send you the correct link? Or did you get a complete refund?
kiwipippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert