Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 05-04-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Carlj
Carlj began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Lost Info In Conversions

I have reason to want to convert LIT to PDF, and then subsequently to MOBI in order to have a readable text on my Kindle 2. Unfortunately data is lost. Strangely the letter "l" is lost in every case where a double "l" is needed. Hill becomes Hil, and "They were all" becomes "They were al." Other incorrect spellings also occur. The format looks okay, however, which is why I needed to convert to PDF before going to MOBI. From LIT to Mobi directly causes paragraphing errors. From PDF to MOBI directly causes artifact problems. Thought I had it licked by doing the double conversion. I changed to heuristic as an option under settings but that didn't produce any difference.

Can anyone help?

Carl
Carlj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You should never use pdf as an interim format. Just convert directly from Lit to Mobi. If there are errors with paragraphs please describe those in more detail.

My suspicion is you have a crappy Lit file with hard line breaks. Go into the conversion options and enable Heuristics while converting from Lit to Mobi.

If Heuristics didn't work then you're better off converting to text (markdown/textile) and then to mobi.

Last edited by ldolse; 05-04-2011 at 11:31 PM.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2011, 04:53 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your company, Carl. Luck with the wee hitch, happy Kindling and best wishes. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote