Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 05:01 PM   #1
illustrata
Enthusiast
illustrata began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle
Full page image best practices & TOC

I seem to be making progress with the help of Sigil creating of my first epub, but am at the point where I better ask a few questions before I head off in the wrong direction and have to redo stuff.

For images - I have a series of them that should appear by themselves on a page - they precede the chapters. I have created them at 760x600 and have put them in a svg container, each in its own xhtml document.

The image documents don't show up in the list of documents to select or un-select to appear in the TOC. I could include them in the chapter documents - but what is required to make a document TOC eligible?

Also, even the documents I deselected appear in the iBook on the iPad (
ios 4.3). Is that normal?

Are there things I should be keeping in mind now in order to save my self heaps of anguish when I convert this to modi format (other than I should have gone the other way)?
illustrata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:16 AM   #2
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
If the images are in separate files, but contain no header tags, it will not display in the TOC. The TOC is built from the header tags.

Since iBooks ignores a lot of perfectly good coding, I am not suprised it would also ignore your wish to not to display. If iPad is your end-goal, search for better epub readers. If it is not, ignore it and test with ADE for example.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-26-2011, 01:50 PM   #3
illustrata
Enthusiast
illustrata began at the beginning.

Device: iphone, ipad, kindle
Of course. h3 tag inserted and all's well.

Thanks very much for the reminder.
illustrata is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
documents, images, toc