Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-31-2010, 08:36 PM   #1
Ginseng
Ginseng began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital
Question Calibre>Pandigital page rendering

I am trying to convert so that I can use Aldiko on my Black Pandigital Novel (canada). I have aldiko insstalled on my BPDN and I have been using calibre for some time to convert books to read on both my ipod touch and my Android phone. The problem I keep having is that in the output profile, Pandigital novel does not show up as an option - even though the plug in is enabled and I have restarted calibre.

The result is like the book is split in 1/2. I have to scroll left to right to read the entire line. The line spills over onto the next page - scroll right - then in order to read the next line I have to scroll left. please help.

I am running Win7, Calibre 7.35 and I copy/paste the epub file into the ebooks/import folder on my sd card to import into aldiko. this process works just fine, it seem the rendering of the book is my issue.
Ginseng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the lack of line breaking has nothing to do with the output profile (that only controls image sizes). Any ebook reader should automatically break text lines to fit the screen size. If it is not doing that then the reader is malfunctioning.

Open the generated epub file in some other ebook reader, like calibre to verify the problem is not in the file and then report it to ALdiko.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #3
ssarmazi
ssarmazi began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I have the exact same issue with Aldiko. Basically, the book (epub) doesn't fit the screen. The problem is NOT with the file. I've tried 2 or 3 epub files and they all look fine in other apps (such as Kobo or Cool Reader) but malfunction in Aldiko. I've even tried two different versions of Aldiko and it behaves the exact same way.
ssarmazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 12:22 AM   #4
Ginseng
Ginseng began at the beginning.

Device: Pandigital
I did get an email from Aldiko saying that this issue should be corrected in v2.0. That version was releasted but it won't work on Android 1.5 which is the o/s of my PDN. I am using fbreader instead.
Ginseng is offline   Reply With Quote