Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 04-18-2013, 04:54 PM   #22456
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I mean do people really have to slow down, open their window and scream things that when they can be clearly heard are not supposed to be repeated in front of children?

I don't want men sharing parts of their thoughts out loud when I'm walking in the street, not that it's happening to me that often. When did that become alright?
It isn't alright. And sometimes it goes even further than shouting. When my wife and I were in Lisbon a while back (when she was still a blonde ), men would come up to her in the street and pinch her bum, or grab her arm. That is really pushing it!

Last edited by orlok; 04-18-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: typo
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 05:06 PM   #22457
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
I'm sorry to hear that Orlok
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 05:49 PM   #22458
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
Yesterday commute was a great reminder that wearing a skirt when riding a bicycle is a good way to tell who are the jackasses that I'll encounter on my way

And yet, I had a knee length leggings under said skirt
ACK That's just a piss poor reaction of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
(...) men would come up to her in the street and pinch her bum, or grab her arm. That is really pushing it!
IMO that's asking for a serious beating.
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:26 PM   #22459
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
It isn't alright. And sometimes it goes even further than shouting. When my wife and I were in Lisbon a while back (when she was still a blonde ), men would come up to her in the street and pinch her bum, or grab her arm. That is really pushing it!
You're right, it isn't ok. I've dealt with jackasses before. I've had my butt grabbed, and my hand held to stop me from walking away. I'm also a very small woman and I think a lot of men don't think I am capable of taking care of myself (my husband included, which is why he hates when I wear anything revealing). Well, let me tell you, there are a LOT of men out there that learned the hard way that just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm a pushover . A lot of men also had to crawl away from me after touching me.

I'm sorry about your wife. It's a terrible situation to find yourself in, and very traumatizing to the recipient of those types of advances.
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #22460
Pookeysgirl
Wizard
Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pookeysgirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Thank you, red_phoenix.

I'm pissed right now, but I'll have forgotten soon. Anyway, they tend to be struck in traffic when I just breeze through and that thought is enough to make me smile

Edit: I re-read my second post and it sounds worst than it actually was. I've cooled down already
Some things are not quite appropriate, but there's nothing to fear and that can't be said for anyone nor anywhere.
Good for you for not letting it affect your whole day! They were exactly what you said they were: Jackasses. It's not worth ruining your day over
Pookeysgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-18-2013, 07:00 PM   #22461
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookeysgirl View Post
You're right, it isn't ok. I've dealt with jackasses before. I've had my butt grabbed, and my hand held to stop me from walking away. I'm also a very small woman and I think a lot of men don't think I am capable of taking care of myself (my husband included, which is why he hates when I wear anything revealing). Well, let me tell you, there are a LOT of men out there that learned the hard way that just because I'm small doesn't mean I'm a pushover . A lot of men also had to crawl away from me after touching me.

I'm sorry about your wife. It's a terrible situation to find yourself in, and very traumatizing to the recipient of those types of advances.
My wife is small too, but a real firebrand. She doesn't generally let anyone get away with anything. Lisbon was a bit much though, and things finally went too far when we were in our hotel restaurant and she was followed back to our room by two men when she went up to collect something. I went on the rampage then, and we weren't bothered after that. I really like Portugal, having been there on holiday about nine times, but we won't be going back to Lisbon again.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #22462
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
One of the train lines in Osaka (a major north-south route through the entire length of the city's downtown area) has installed 'Women Only' cars in every train just to stop the grabbing, touching, rubbing, etc., that the women here frequently get subjected to because to the crowded train cars.

In the past, Japanese women would never make a scene when being fondled in public. They would just try to turn their bodies or step away to avoid it. But the trains often get so crowded that moving isn't even possible. There are now signs on every train platform and in the cars advising women to shout out "Cheekan!!!" (Molester!!) when this happens to them, and call for help. It's a step in the right direction, but it would be wonderful if there was some way to change the mental attitude of the men responsible. I'm afraid Japan is still a long way off from that sort of thinking.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #22463
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
There are a few men who will not have kids after they tried madterbating on me on the metro. Yes, they do do that. Yes, I kneeded the two who tried it on me very hard right in the penis.

The weird part is that the Italians seemed more disturbed that I kneed the fools then at their behavior.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:34 PM   #22464
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
One of the train lines in Osaka (a major north-south route through the entire length of the city's downtown area) has installed 'Women Only' cars in every train just to stop the grabbing, touching, rubbing, etc., that the women here frequently get subjected to because to the crowded train cars.

In the past, Japanese women would never make a scene when being fondled in public. They would just try to turn their bodies or step away to avoid it. But the trains often get so crowded that moving isn't even possible. There are now signs on every train platform and in the cars advising women to shout out "Cheekan!!!" (Molester!!) when this happens to them, and call for help. It's a step in the right direction, but it would be wonderful if there was some way to change the mental attitude of the men responsible. I'm afraid Japan is still a long way off from that sort of thinking.

Stitchawl
Cane them
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 08:53 AM   #22465
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Eeeek!! Do you have a set night for "snuggles" too?

(a bit personal, I know - tell me to mind my own business)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
March 14th - almost every year!
No wonder you were so happy last month!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:24 AM   #22466
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
I have a set time every night for snuggles with Lucas. I love the impromptu snuggles I get every day but 7:30 is calm down for bed time, if he is not already asleep.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:06 PM   #22467
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Earth quakes seem to follow me around. Perhaps me visiting ANYWHERE isn't a good idea. I was in Thailand for the big tsunami that killed thousands, in Japan for the tsunami that killed thousands...

Maybe I'm an X-Man and just haven't learned how to control my powers? Where is Dr. Xavier when we need him?

Stitchawl
Can you, um, not come to New Zealand? We've had our quota of earthquakes lately (though nowhere near where I live) and we don't need any more, thank you.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #22468
Roger Parkinson
Zealot
Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.Roger Parkinson lived happily ever after.

Device: Samsung Galaxy S
Well, there's a rant right there. I got onto the wrong page thinking it was the latest and put in a reply that looks out of context in an interesting discussion. I can't figure out how to delete it, me with my degree in computer science and all. So I leave it there looking a bit strange.
Roger Parkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:59 PM   #22469
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Only way to drop a post is to flag it for the moderators (the blue ! mark in the top corner) and ask them to drop it.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 PM   #22470
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
In December, I was planning on going to London or more likely to Salisbury to attend an Asia show (Asia, the UK band). When I was just about to book everything, I learned that the last leg of the tour had been canceled due to Carl Palmer suffering from E.coli. Luckily, he's fine now.
BUT since then Steve Howe has left the band. Again
I was so close to be able to see the four original members on stage
I mean, we're talking Yes, King Crimson and Emerson Lake & Palmer here

Only Time Will Tell - live

Last edited by samhy; 04-22-2013 at 03:28 PM.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness