Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #1
Henry Flower
Henry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Calibre can't find zipped plugins

Using 0.8.5-1 on Arch linux, Calibre cannot see zipped plugins. After I click 'Add a new plugin' and navigate to the folder, Calibre (which is looking only for file type 'Plugins') cannot see the zipped files which are in the folder. Am I doing something wrong, or is there a bug?

In case it's relevant, when I tried replacing this package with a bzr package (9295) I have lying around, I got the error message:

Quote:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/calibre", line 18, in <module>
from calibre.gui2.main import main
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/main.py", line 19, in <module>
from calibre.library.database2 import LibraryDatabase2
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/library/database2.py", line 31, in <module>
from calibre.customize.ui import run_plugins_on_import
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 15, in <module>
from calibre.customize.builtins import plugins as builtin_plugins
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 1167, in <module>
class StoreGandalfStore(StoreBase):
File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/builtins.py", line 1170, in StoreGandalfStore
description = _('Zaczarowany świat książek')
File "/usr/lib/python2.7/gettext.py", line 404, in ugettext
return unicode(message)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc5 in position 12: ordinal not in range(128)
Besides the intriguing Polish, there is a bit about import plugins there which I thought might be relevant. Trying to download the latest bzr version fails:
Quote:
ERROR: Invalid http response for http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~kovid/c...7cdeb9da.pack: Unable to handle http code 503: Service Unavailable

Last edited by Henry Flower; 06-14-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Henry Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Not seeing zip files is an interaction between Qt and your desktop environment. Use the command line tool

calibre-customize to add plugins instead.

I just tried

bzr branch lp:calibre

and it works fine for me.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
Henry Flower
Henry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-booksHenry Flower has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the quick response - worked perfectly. I mentioned my bzr problem just to explain why I didn't try the latest bzr version; I think my issue is with my own set-up there.
Henry Flower is offline   Reply With Quote