Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-25-2006, 07:15 AM   #1
theta
theta began at the beginning.

Manga and other comics

Hi All,

Currently a librie user and am considering purchasing an iLiad shortly. One of the main users would be for reading Manga.

I was wondering if anyone else reads comics on their iLiad and if so how do they find it? Is the page turning slower for images than text, I noticed on one of the videos with a comic that page turns took several seconds to happen.

Is there any formatting needed to be done with images? Eg with the librie it was best to resize to 600x800 and 4 shade grey scale.
theta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 07:18 AM   #2
Riocaz
Fulfilled but not by iRex
Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Riocaz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Far too many
My experiece was that it worked to a point.

Resizing helped but wasn't nessessary.

There is some issue with the speed of turning a page as currently the machine doesn't pre-cache the next (or last) page. So when you hit page turn it has to render it from scratch. This is being addressed as a software issue I believe.
Riocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert