Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-13-2008, 07:28 PM   #1
bringer666
bringer666 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
eBook Reader Survey

Hello All,

I am new to this site. I found it doing a quick search on the Internet for ebook forums. I have been reading ebooks on a mobile device for about 10 years now.
Recently I have read a lot about the Kindle and Sony readers and I thought I would create a quick survey to see what people are using to read ebooks. Please take a look at the survey and let me know what you think.
Please be assured that I have no ulterior motive here. I just am seriously interested in what device people are using and where they buy their ebooks. I will post the results here as soon as I have enough to make the survey valid.

The survey is here:

Ebook Survey

Thank you for your time,

Bob

Last edited by bringer666; 08-14-2008 at 11:31 AM.
bringer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #2
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Welcome to MobileRead.

Two quick points. First, ereader is Fictionwise's name for a format of ebooks formerly called PalmDoc. It is not a general descriptor for ebook readers. There are some people that are fanatics over this so if you could edit your post to change that it would be appreciated. Second, we have a great polling/survey facility built into the forum software. You will get a far better response rate if you use that. I know that it generally only allows answers to one question at a time but I have used it for multiple questions at once with great results. Also by using the forum survey module you will not have to collect the data later as it will be available as the survey progresses.

Good luck with your ebook reader quest.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 11:36 AM   #3
bringer666
bringer666 began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
Welcome to MobileRead.

Two quick points. First, ereader is Fictionwise's name for a format of ebooks formerly called PalmDoc. It is not a general descriptor for ebook readers. There are some people that are fanatics over this so if you could edit your post to change that it would be appreciated. Second, we have a great polling/survey facility built into the forum software. You will get a far better response rate if you use that. I know that it generally only allows answers to one question at a time but I have used it for multiple questions at once with great results. Also by using the forum survey module you will not have to collect the data later as it will be available as the survey progresses.

Good luck with your ebook reader quest.
Thanks for your suggestions. The post that I created had Ereader in the title and the survey that I created (which is a week old already) is called Ereader survey. I can post again and change the title of the post but just so you are aware, when the user gets to the survey, it will be called Ereader Survey.
Also, I didn't realize that you had a survey facility but as I said I have already created this survey at surveymonkey and don't feel there is a need to recreate my work. I am just trying to add to the number of users responding to the survey to give me the best results.
bringer666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Hi bringer,

I don't know if you want to add a country component to your survey. Not all ebook readers are available to everyone. For instance, the Kindle is only "officially" available in the U.S. The Sony Reader is "officially" available in the U.S., the U.K. and I believe Canada.

Your results will skew based on that information.

Good luck.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #5
Spartacus2112
Evangelist
Spartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheeseSpartacus2112 can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kindle 3 Wifi
Hello, Bringer666. Enjoy the forum!
Spartacus2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I've taken the survey. One thing you might want to do is seperate the 500 from the 505.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!