Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #1
Pisckuy
Pisckuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pw3
Issue with KO reader,

Hello, I have a pw3 jailbreak 5.6.9.1 with Kual and KOReader. I have the following issue, When I send Mobi or Epub files to the divice using FTP trough KO reader, to the folder documents I only can see the files with KO reader, and I can't using the kindle system. If I open this books with the KO reader, It shows symbols (ex.? :? *=*%*? *!), on place of the letters. I will appreciate your help.
Pisckuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:07 PM   #2
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
I wouldn't expect to see epub files through the native Kindle system, jb or not. As to apparently corrupt transfers, perhaps you used ASCII transfer mode rather than the required binary transfer.

Can't be sure though as you didn't give nearly enough details about the files, settings or samples.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-06-2020, 02:49 PM   #3
Pisckuy
Pisckuy began at the beginning.

Device: Pw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junket View Post
I wouldn't expect to see epub files through the native Kindle system, jb or not. As to apparently corrupt transfers, perhaps you used ASCII transfer mode rather than the required binary transfer.

Can't be sure though as you didn't give nearly enough details about the files, settings or samples.
Yes, is a problem with how I transfer the files. I try with calibre and it works. I don't know for what.
I want to send my books only use the phone, so I can't use calibre. I trided with a htlm server, and ftp system ( I can pass the files) but it has then problems with the format. How I can do it? Also if I use calibre with the pc I can't download directly epub and pdf files (with ip system, that I think that is a htlm server) .
Pisckuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:25 AM   #4
Junket
Nil adsuetudine maius
Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Junket ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4
Most of us use Calibre or transfer from a PC. Neither of which have any problems transferring epub or pdf files.You're apparently trying to transfer from your phone to Kindle using FTP. It's not entirely clear what you are doing since you are very reluctant to give much detail that would be needed to begin to troubleshoot anything.

You don't say what FTP program you were using, but FTP can transfer files in ASCII or binary mode. Some FTP programs default to ASCII, you need to ensure that you are using FTP binary mode.

Perhaps an easier way would be to use an OTG adapter/USB cable from your phone. An OTG adapter lets your phone act as a host (like a PC) and you should be able to simply transfer files with a file explorer like ES Explorer in the same way you would use windows file explorer.
Junket is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle, koreader