Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 12:54 AM   #121
david_e
Seriously?
david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.david_e ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini, iWhatever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
You probably need to look up 'contradict'.

We could get into a semantical argument here, but it wouldn't actually be fair. After all, I am a native English speaker; you, clearly, are not. I won't get drawn into that, you're perfectly capable of making a fool of yourself without me helping you.
Why offer further assistance when you've made your self a spectacular example, eh?

The pride you must feel at being capable of mastering your own language. Perhaps next you will enthrall us all with your ability to grow hair down there.
david_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:21 AM   #122
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
Are these new phones dual networks capable?
Yes, actually multi and not just dual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
ie. CDMA and GSM?
Yes, the iPhone 5 runs on the QCOM MDM9615M MODEM.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 03:05 AM   #123
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by david_e View Post
Why offer further assistance when you've made your self a spectacular example, eh?

The pride you must feel at being capable of mastering your own language. Perhaps next you will enthrall us all with your ability to grow hair down there.
Merely making the point that if you want to debate in an English speaking forum, you should probably ensure that you can speak the language adequately.

If these arguments are difficult for you, please ask for help.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 04:41 AM   #124
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
People who pick on other people's command of the English language are usually hitting below the belt. While this is an English speaking forum, we do have international users(like me) whose first language isn't English. Please be respectful and don't imply that we are not welcome.
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #125
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
People who pick on other people's command of the English language are usually hitting below the belt. While this is an English speaking forum, we do have international users(like me) whose first language isn't English. Please be respectful and don't imply that we are not welcome.
I am respectful. As I stated, I merely ask that people don't enter into a debate using words that they clearly don't know the meaning of. Seems like common sense to me.

Incidentally, if you want to be a moderator, you should probably ask someone. Till then, might be best to lay off the whole telling people how to behave thing.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:21 AM   #126
Jovvi
Connoisseur
Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jovvi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Gen3, Cybook Opus, iPad and HTC Wildfire (Android)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
I am respectful. As I stated, I merely ask that people don't enter into a debate using words that they clearly don't know the meaning of. Seems like common sense to me.

Incidentally, if you want to be a moderator, you should probably ask someone. Till then, might be best to lay off the whole telling people how to behave thing.
I don´t think you are respectful, I think you are snide. Of cause english is my second language too, so now you can tell me of too. And then I can make snide comments in swedish and feel superior cause I have better command of that language than you.

Also, I believe that those of you that are native english speakers should be more understanding and probably try a little harder to see the meaning behind, considering the advantage you have over those of us that have english as a second language and are trying our best to make our meaning clear.

Clara
Jovvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:52 AM   #127
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle & little green monster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post
I don´t think you are respectful, I think you are snide.

Perhaps its like politics -- if you cannot contradict the persons argument or success, you attack the person. I will not be a politician.

Certainly, there are minor concerns with the new iPhone, but they seem to worry only tech enthusiasts. Vocal minority.

Consumer enthusiasm and sales to regular consumers are higher than ever.

Maps? eh.

Scratches? eh.
ScotiaBurrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:55 AM   #128
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post

Certainly, there are minor concerns with the new iPhone,
A valiant effort to get back on topic?
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:07 AM   #129
ScotiaBurrell
Banned
ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ScotiaBurrell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
More than eight out of ten of U.S. Apple Stores were out of stock by Sunday night.

"Don't Be Fooled by 3-Day iPhone 5 Tally, " reads the headline of White's note. "This is an Epic Launch."
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2012/09/...hing-but-soft/
Old 09-25-2012, 10:19 AM   #130
Kai Winters
Lover of Books
Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kai Winters ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+
Hmphf...and I thought this was an iPhone (5) review thread.
Kai Winters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:22 AM   #131
murraypaul
Interested Bystander
murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.murraypaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Note 4, Kobo One
Any thread involving Apple will descend into "mine is bigger than yours" eventually.
murraypaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #132
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
“Apple is facing significant production constraints due to a move toward in-cell display technology,” Ben Reitzes, an analyst at Barclays, wrote in a research note yesterday.
Quote:
The supply constraints may be short lived, Dinges said. Because of the large sums Apple spends on components, the iPhone and iPad maker will be the first in line for parts, he said.
Quote:
Another component that may be causing challenges is the new baseband chip that helps the iPhone 5 connect to LTE, or long- term evolution, wireless networks being introduced by mobile- phone service providers including Verizon Wireless and AT&T Inc. (T) in the U.S. and Deutsche Telekom AG (DTE) in Europe.

Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM), the biggest maker of chips for mobile phones, has said supplies of those parts have been constrained as it moves to a new manufacturing process to build them.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-0...shortfall.html
Old 09-25-2012, 10:59 AM   #133
ScotiaBurrell
Banned

Quote:
Flagship Smartphone Display Technology Shoot-Out

Apple iPhone 5 – Samsung Galaxy S III – Apple iPhone 4
Result:

Quote:
Based on our extensive Lab measurements the iPhone 5 has a true state-of-the-art accurate display – it’s not perfect and there is plenty of room for improvements (and competitors) but it is the best Smartphone display we have seen to date based on extensive Lab measurements and viewing tests.
Quote:
While it’s not quite as accurate as the new iPad, it is still probably more accurate than any consumer display you own (including your HDTV), unless you have a new iPad.
Quote:
Suggestions for Samsung: Keep up the good work in improving OLED displays! To produce a better OLED Smartphone, use a smaller size display (that uses less power), add a bigger battery to increase the screen Brightness and running time on battery, and most all – please calibrate the display so that its Color Gamut matches the Standard Color Gamut and the display delivers accurate rather than distorted, exaggerated, and gaudy colors!
http://www.displaymate.com/Smartphone_ShootOut_2.htm
Old 09-25-2012, 11:29 AM   #134
John F
Grand Sorcerer
John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John F ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jovvi View Post

Also, I believe that those of you that are native english speakers should be more understanding and probably try a little harder to see the meaning behind, considering the advantage you have over those of us that have english as a second language and are trying our best to make our meaning clear.

Clara
Can you give an example where you think I failed to do this?

Thank you.
John F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #135
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotiaBurrell View Post
Perhaps its like politics -- if you cannot contradict the persons argument or success, you attack the person. I will not be a politician.

Certainly, there are minor concerns with the new iPhone, but they seem to worry only tech enthusiasts. Vocal minority.

Consumer enthusiasm and sales to regular consumers are higher than ever.

Maps? eh.

Scratches? eh.
Scratches out of the box, or simple to come by, are not a minor issue for such a high priced item.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote