Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 06-14-2011, 06:58 PM   #1
pastanley
Zealot
pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pastanley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite 4, Kindle fire HD 10
The Exorcist finally being released September 27

There is news on a few forums about the 40th anniversary edition of The Exorcist that is going to finally be released as an ebook on September 27 of this year. Here is the link to Harper Collins:
http://www.harpercollins.com/books/T...B_The+Exorcist

I read it once many years ago but I would love to get it in ebook form.
pastanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:05 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Loved the videobook; maybe I'll give the ebook a shot.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #3
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro, iPhone 8 Plus
I've never read the book. Maybe this will be my chance. *Looks at waiting list*
miguel1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:34 PM   #4
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
This is one of the few books that have made me turn every light in the house on, lock every door, and jump at every sound I heard. Of course I finished reading it at 2 in the morning.
The other was Pet Sematary (when is it ever going to be available as an ebook?)
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #5
miguel1626
Great Old One
miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.miguel1626 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
The other was Pet Sematary (when is it ever going to be available as an ebook?)
You can buy it from the UK Kindle Store. I bought it there (even though I live in Brazil - the wonders of proxies never cease).
Old 06-14-2011, 07:49 PM   #6
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Always glad to see another backlist title come out as an eBook. I'm not interested in it @ $10, but I'm sure plenty will be.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:56 PM   #7
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel1626 View Post
You can buy it from the UK Kindle Store. I bought it there (even though I live in Brazil - the wonders of proxies never cease).
Thank you! I had stopped looking for it anywhere!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 07:58 PM   #8
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The price in the US is going to be $9.99.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:05 PM   #9
miguel1626
Great Old One

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Thank you! I had stopped looking for it anywhere!
You're welcome. Two other SK books (that I know of) can be found on the UK Store alone: Christine and Different Seasons.

Geographical restrictions for ebooks are ridiculous, IMHO.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
+1 with poohbear_nc - that one is creepy indeed, though I think largely because of the powerful visual imagery from the film.

Classic and nice to see digital format, though I am surprised it took so long!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:48 PM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Always glad to see another backlist title come out as an eBook. I'm not interested in it @ $10, but I'm sure plenty will be.
It'll probably be a library book. That's the only way I'll read it. I'd never buy it.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:50 PM   #12
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
It'll probably be a library book. That's the only way I'll read it. I'd never buy it.
Probably, although it is Harper Collins and a lot of libraries are boycotting them over the 26 checkout thing.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:58 PM   #13
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Probably, although it is Harper Collins and a lot of libraries are boycotting them over the 26 checkout thing.
Then strike my comment. I didn't pay attention to who the publisher was. I'll just watch the video book again.

Spoiler:
Old 06-14-2011, 11:14 PM   #14
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
we never got through the first five minutes of the film since we all had pillows to our eyes xD
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 07:35 AM   #15
5thWiggle
Benevolent Evil Lord
5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.5thWiggle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Note 8.0, Galaxy Note, iPad Mini, PocketEdge(retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyndslash View Post
we never got through the first five minutes of the film since we all had pillows to our eyes xD
My wife hates it when I listen to Mike Oldfield's "Tubular Bells" without headphones. She flashes back to The Exorcist and gets creeped out.

I don't do it on purpose, of course..........
5thWiggle is offline   Reply With Quote