Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 10-09-2010, 04:16 AM   #1
thepump
thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'thepump knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle
Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid

Hi,

I recently published my book called:
Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid.

It is a new understanding as to how the Great Pyramid was built!

The link for the Trailer is:
http://www.thepump.org

Discription:
Transcending the fables and misinformation of modern Egyptology, this book provides a detailed description of how the Great Pyramid was really built! New discoveries of lost technologies used to build this massive wonder are the focus of this book! Independent researcher, lecturer and author, Steven Myers explains what really happened as the Great Pyramid was built. He describes the fascinating and unique building process from the initial surveying, all the way to the placement of the capstone! The Original Builders were geniuses who possessed advanced understanding which they used to develop sophisticated technology. Using these advanced technologies they were able to create the wonder we call the Great Pyramid. Extensively illustrated, this book describes how the massive stones were moved from the quarries and set in place with extreme precision. Using the lost technologies described in this book, the Great Pyramid was assembled effortlessly without the unworkable notion of a gigantic ramp. This book also examines modern Egyptology's unprovable explanations of how the Great Pyramid was built and offers a fresh and exciting alternative! Steven Myers feels that the Great Pyramid is not just an irrelevant ancient structure. He contends that the Great Pyramid was built using advanced technologies which need to be redeveloped in our modern age. The most important aspect of this book is the contention that these ancient, but highly advanced technologies, can vastly improve our modern but very troubled world!

Amazon.com link for soft cover edition is:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1449916155

Kindle eBook edition link is:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0045Y26CC

Thank you for looking at the Trailer for my book.
If you have any questions let me know.

Warm regards,

Steven Myers, author of Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid
www.thepump.org
thepump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:32 AM   #2
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Hmmm, Please provide me with one example of a "Lost Technology" that you have discovered that is important and relevant. I have read the above and the intro available as a preview on Amazon....seems a lot of handwaving ala - von daniken etc.

..actually looks like perhaps the entire book is available as a preview....looks like you are claiming that they used water techniques extensively to build the pyramids. I'm sorry but I can't imagine that if that was the way it was done, there are no records of it.....

Thanks.

Last edited by kennyc; 10-09-2010 at 04:39 AM.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Why would the pyramids at Giza need a special lost technique more than other pyramids around the world, or structures such as Silbury Hill?

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:14 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Why the need to invent secret, unrecorded, trace-free "advanced technologies" (all over the world, for that matter) when existing technologies have been tested and shown to work effectively?

Do examples like Imhotep's early pyramids demonstrate early examples of these secret technologies? What went wrong with the Southern Shining Pyramid?

Also, why does the author talk about himself in the third person? (and ending every sentence with an exclamation point doesn't make you look sophisticated, or even excited)
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:04 AM   #5
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
fer chrissakes guys, if you don't like the book just move on ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:36 AM   #6
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, Steven.

Please feel free to use the "introduce myself" link below to let us all welcome you properly.....

This site has much to offer.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #7
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Is it just me, or does "Pharaoh's Pump" sound like a service you could hire in Cairo, if you find the right street corner?
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #8
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Well, Geoffc it's just that we've been through the Bermuda triangle riding the chariots of the gods and reading Von Daniken and are perfectly satisfied with the scientific and archeological explanation. As someone above said, there's no reason to invent something fantastic of different to explain what seems quite clear and simple.

In science this is know as Occam's Razor which I'm sure you know.

I don't like the idea of something claiming to be science that is pure fiction.

I will refrain from further comment.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:38 PM   #9
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
I think it's a matter of people wanting to see facts presented factually, and objecting when this is not the case. "If you don't like X don't do it yourself" isn't the answer. "If you don't like eating babies, don't eat any" doesn't do it. People have their opinions, and just being told not to act on the contrary opinion doesn't change those opinions.

I guess it goes back to the whole troll discussion, where people were saying "If you don't agree with trolls, let their statements stand unchallenged." I disagreed then, and I'll disagree now. One of the reasons we have so many flaky opinions out there -- the real tinfoil-hat type -- is that people just ignore anything they don't agree with, rather than refuting it, so the lurkers see it and say "oh, nobody's disagreeing with this, I guess they can't" ... and the tinfoil hats win.

Something I learned a very long time ago: "If not me, then who? If not now, then when?" Can I fix everything in the world? Of course not. But as Loren Eiseley's story "The Star Thrower" points out, I can do something about what's within my reach. If more people did something about what they could do, said something about what they saw, instead of waiting for "them", the mysterious "them" who can fix everything, to fix everything, things would get fixed. There's another one: "The perfect is the enemy of the good." If we disregard doing good while we're waiting for the unattainable perfect, nothing ever gets done.

So no, I'm not going to "move on". I'm not going to wait for it to go away. I'm going to say "Hey, this is wrong." I can't say that about every book that's wrong. I can't say that about every opinion that's wrong. But I can say it this time, about this one. Me > nobody, and 1 > 0.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #10
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
And of course, the more we post to this thread the more publicity it gets, so even questioning comments all help the author. ;-)

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:06 PM   #11
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
And of course, the more we post to this thread the more publicity it gets, so even questioning comments all help the author. ;-)
Authors bump their own threads anyway.

Hopefully, people in MobileRead go on something other than the number of views a thread has had, or how many comments have been posted.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:07 PM   #12
kennyc

Like they writer their own reviews on Amazon.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #13
TGS
Country Member
TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TGS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Liseuse: Irex DR800. PRS 505 in the house, and the missus has an iPad.
You chaps won't be sponsoring the Pharaoh's Pump Foundation then
TGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #14
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGS View Post
You chaps won't be sponsoring the Pharaoh's Pump Foundation then
Quartermaster Clerk: One Pharaoh's Pump.
Austin Powers: [to Vanessa] That's not mine.
Quartermaster Clerk: One credit card receipt for Pharaoh's Pump signed by Austin Powers.
Austin Powers: I'm telling ya baby, that's not mine.
Quartermaster Clerk: One warranty card for Pharaoh's Pump, filled out by Austin Powers.
Austin Powers: I don't even know what this is! This sort of thing ain't my bag, baby.
Quartermaster Clerk: One book, "Pharaoh's Pumps And Me: This Sort of Thing Is My Bag Baby", by Austin Powers.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #15
jostein
jostein began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-300
I am new to this forum and this is my first post here.
Would like to show you this URL:
http://www.forskning.no/artikler/2010/september/259957

It is norwegian language and I have not serarched for english version.
I hope you can understand what is its message by studying the figures.
Is the story very different from yours?

I did not read your book and may do it if you give me a reply here.
--
jo
jostein is offline   Reply With Quote