Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-30-2010, 12:56 PM   #1
grnlady2
grnlady2 began at the beginning.

Device: HP IPAQ 211
Ipaq 211: Saving to disk

Saving to Disk

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am using Win XP and Calibre 0.7.16.

I read by author more than title so I have my authors listed as follows
John Martin would be listed as MARTIN John. The series would be next, followed by the title and lastly the tag.

(example 1)
Author Series title tag
MARTIN John - The Hobbit 2 - The Last Stand [L-K].pdf
MARTIN John - The Hobbit 2 - The Last Stand [L-K].lit
MARTIN John - The Hobbit 2 - The Last Stand [L-K].epub

What is transferred/saved to disk is saved as follows:

(example 2)
The Last Stand.pdf
The Last Stand.lit
The Last Stand.epub

How to I get it to list the saved files as EXAMPLE 1?

Sorry, I know this is probably simple but I just can't figure it out.
grnlady2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by grnlady2 View Post
Saving to Disk
How to I get it to list the saved files as EXAMPLE 1?
Preferences|Add/Save|Saving change the save template to
{author_sort} - {series} {series_index} - {title}

Add tag if desired.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 04:15 PM   #3
grnlady2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
Preferences|Add/Save|Saving change the save template to
{author_sort} - {series} {series_index} - {title}

Add tag if desired.
Thanks, it worked. The file was saved in the correct order.

Now one last question. Is there a way to make the last name in capital letters?

example: MARTIN, John - The Thorns 3 - Running for the Exit.pdf

in advance
Old 08-30-2010, 07:36 PM   #4
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
TNow one last question. Is there a way to make the last name in capital letters?
Sure. Change the author's last name to be all caps before you save.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:47 PM   #5
grnlady2

TE=Starson17;1084584]Sure. Change the author's last name to be all caps before you save. [/QUOTE]

I have saved the file to Calibre with the authors last name in caps. I have changed one files author's name via the meta edit option and neither of them save to disk with the last name in caps.

I have tried with & w/o the option to take metadata only from file. In each case, the last name is NOT in caps. I reverts to lowercase letters.

Thanks,

Advert
Old 08-30-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
TI have saved the file to Calibre with the authors last name in caps. I have changed one files author's name via the meta edit option and neither of them save to disk with the last name in caps.

I have tried with & w/o the option to take metadata only from file. In each case, the last name is NOT in caps. I reverts to lowercase letters.
You are changing the author field to all caps, you have to change the author_sort field to all caps for it to be used in the template you are using. If you go to your tag browser and right click over the authors you can select manage authors and from the resultant window edit the field you want (see attached).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	manage_authors.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	43.6 KB
ID:	57420   Click image for larger version

Name:	manage_authors-2.jpg
Views:	253
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	57421  
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
grnlady2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You are changing the author field to all caps, you have to change the author_sort field to all caps for it to be used in the template you are using. If you go to your tag browser and right click over the authors you can select manage authors and from the resultant window edit the field you want (see attached).

That solved my problem. Thank you so much. I have a library of over 15,000 ebooks and I want to put all of them in Calibre. I have a new respect for Librarians now.

Thanks soooooo much, you rock
Old 08-31-2010, 07:57 AM   #8
Starson17
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
As a a side note, I didn't consider this, but since the author_sort is a separate field, one can change the author_sort lastname to all caps without affecting the author field. If you have a huge library, doing that manually would take a long time. You could use an SQL browser (I use SQLiteSPy) and run an SQL query on the metadata.db file to do that job automatically.