Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-05-2011, 01:45 PM   #1
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
Question Automatically add tag if word/phrase found in ebook?

I'm sort of new to Calibre (though I'm loving it quite a lot so far!) and so I'm not sure if something like this is even possible, so I'm going to through this idea out there and hope someone knows more than I do...

I use a Sony PRS-600 and rely on Calibre tags to sort my 1000+ epub documents into useable collections. Unfortunately I tend to add documents in bulk and all the documents do not always belong in the same collections. I'd like to be able to have some sort of plugin(?) search the documents for specific words or phrases and, if found, add a corresponding tag to the book. For example, if the word "Christmas" is mentioned somewhere in the document, the tag "Christmas" should be added. Is there some way to do this? It would save me SO MUCH TIME.

Thanks in advance.
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
You would need to write your own plugin - if you look at the extract ISBN plugin this has most of the code you would need on the search side, and the final piece of that plugin updates the ISBN field, instead you would need to have it update the tag field. Overall not too difficult, but it does require some basic coding skills.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
eosrose
Enthusiast
eosrose began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Forma
I may have to do some experimenting then. Thank you for the suggestion!
eosrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:48 AM   #4
killa
killa began at the beginning.

Device: none
eosrose , please let me know if you develop any such plugin!!
I'd love to have it
thank you
killa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, tagging