Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-27-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Using the bottom silver button to page forward

I'd like to see the bottom silver button, the one which returns you to the home page showing you the books and the menus, have the option to use it for forward page turning. This way you can turn the pages with your thumb holding the book.

If you want the home page then hold down the button longer, say for two seconds.

This would an option only.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 11:55 PM   #2
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Why would that be needed? Two seconds for a page turn?
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2011, 12:47 AM   #3
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Using this button means you can use the thumb of your hand holding the Kobo to turn the pages. Rather than having to use your other hand.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:38 AM   #4
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
It's called a Kobo wifi.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #5
FJames
Addict
FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FJames ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch & Aura
This has been suggested before. I think it's in the list of feature requests.
FJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2011, 12:32 AM   #6
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I can use my KT one handed and turn pages with my thumb.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:16 PM   #7
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
How? With what thumb? Did you reconfigure the page layout and move the turn page forward pane to the left?

Maybe I should've been clearer in my original post. Using the silver button means you can turn the page with either thumb without doing any reconfiguring as you change hands.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:17 PM   #8
TonyToews
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by FJames View Post
This has been suggested before. I think it's in the list of feature requests.
Buried in a large thread I'm sure. I prefer to make my suggestions each in a individual thread so folks can comment or make alternative suggestions that hadn't occurred to me.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:37 PM   #9
The Terminator
Retired

Oh ok got it. So you want to be able to switch hands without switching page layout. That's being discussed in the Kobo Touch Future Firmware Request sticky thread. We where thinking that if the top 2 inches or so of the screen changed the page backwards and the rest of the screen made it go forward with a little square in the middle of the bottom for bringing up the menu.
Old 10-29-2011, 06:01 PM   #10
beautifulsoup
Addict
beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beautifulsoup ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many ereaders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Terminator View Post
Yeah, me too. It's so easy to do!

Right handed, touch with right thumb.

Left handed, do a right-to-left quick swipe with left thumb.

Last edited by beautifulsoup; 10-29-2011 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Additional stuff added.
beautifulsoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #11
The Terminator
Retired

I do the swipe too but it isn't as deft.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:07 PM   #12
jackastor
Wizard
jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackastor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iphone stanza, kobo touch,ASUS TF300,KOBO GLO, Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyToews View Post
I'd like to see the bottom silver button, the one which returns you to the home page showing you the books and the menus, have the option to use it for forward page turning. This way you can turn the pages with your thumb holding the book.

If you want the home page then hold down the button longer, say for two seconds.

This would an option only.
Tony you have a valid suggestion. I see the drawback as a button wearing out prematurly from the repeated pushing and holding. But if its an optional thing I have no issue to seeing it implemented.

regards

jack
jackastor is offline   Reply With Quote