Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 03-02-2011, 02:34 AM   #1
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
End notes in mobi/azw to ePub

I've noticed that when I convert an ebook in mobi or azw format to ePub with Calibre the end notes often do not work properly. That is, although I can go from the text to the end note I can't get back from the end note to the text.

I have read the last book I converted on my computer using Kindle for PC, and can get from the text to the end note and back to the text, so it doesn't seem to be a problem with the ebook itself.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Is there a way around it? Or am I doing something wrong in the conversion?

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
ldolse
Wizard
ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.ldolse is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: PRS-650, iPhone
Most epub readers have a 'back' button, or a back menu - you've got a lot of devices in your list, but for the PRS 650 click, Options->Go to->History.
ldolse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-03-2011, 02:39 AM   #3
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Idolse, I hadn't thought of that.

Also, in the book I am reading now the links have started to work. It may be that it was only the first two or three which didn't work, but I haven't checked back yet.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote