Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-11-2011, 10:15 AM   #61
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
Okay...A person leaves a thread for a few hours, and you move it! I could get a complex. It's sort of like coming home from school as a kid and finding your family moved away (really CWN, so I suckered you for a few K, geez!).
Fine, I'll get over it....and when I find you guys again, your in a place called the "Lounge", and I'm thinking 'wow, how come I never heard of this place before', my second thought is 'why are they way down at the bottom?' Then as I poke my little fishy nose in to have a look-see, I immediately notice two things:

1- Birdzilla trying to fleece me for dues
2- A rather strong impression of having just fallen down a rabbit hole (Shel playing the part of the Mad Hatter, and someone named Adrian who sounds like a contender for the part of the Red Queen)

By the way, paying dues to get into the neighborhood? I'm more worried about how to get back out! However, I think I might like it here.....so....here goes.....hello!?
Just remember- "Fish are friends, not food!"

Last edited by GoSharks; 06-11-2011 at 10:20 AM.
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 AM   #62
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSharks View Post
Okay...A person leaves a thread for a few hours, and you move it! I could get a complex. It's sort of like coming home from school as a kid and finding your family moved away (really CWN, so I suckered you for a few K, geez!).
Fine, I'll get over it....and when I find you guys again, your in a place called the "Lounge", and I'm thinking 'wow, how come I never heard of this place before', my second thought is 'why are they way down at the bottom?' Then as I poke my little fishy nose in to have a look-see, I immediately notice two things:

2- A rather strong impression of having just fallen down a rabbit hole (Shel playing the part of the Mad Hatter, and someone named Adrian who sounds like a contender for the part of the Red Queen)

By the way, paying dues to get into the neighborhood? I'm more worried about how to get back out! However, I think I might like it here.....so....here goes.....hello!?
Oh no, I'm not the Mad Hatter, that's Marc....who is also the very loosely defined "keeper" for the aforementioned Adrian. But comparing the Llounge to falling down the rabbit hole is pretty accurate. Come on, have a Zany Carter Deluxe - and don't worry about finding the door....

phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 10:38 AM   #63
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

I feel like I just fell down the rabbit hole. I have no idea what you just said
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:43 AM   #64
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, STB Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
A. JBJ asked the mods to move this thread from General Discussions to the Llounge.

B. Apparently, GoSharks has never ventured into Llounge Llama territory before, and is understandably bewildered.

C. The previous posts were about Pooh trying to assess (scurrilous) membership dues, with discounts for not eating chicken. (Pooh thinks he's a chicken, you see...as evidenced by his avatar.)

D. In my attempt to welcome JBJ, apparently I went a bit overboard with the glowing descriptions of the charms of the Llounge and the inhabitants thereof (sometimes known as Llounge Llamas), and giving her a very condensed history of some of the more salient points of Llounge dwelling, (ZCD's, Adrian).

E. But at any rate it's too late now - you're here

Did that help?
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 10:45 AM   #65
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
A. JBJ asked the mods to move this thread from General Discussions to the Llounge.

B. Apparently, GoSharks has never ventured into Llounge Llama territory before, and is understandably bewildered.

C. The previous posts were about Pooh trying to assess (scurrilous) membership dues, with discounts for not eating chicken. (Pooh thinks he's a chicken, you see...as evidenced by his avatar.)

D. In my attempt to welcome JBJ, apparently I went a bit overboard with the glowing descriptions of the charms of the Llounge and the inhabitants thereof (sometimes known as Llounge Llamas), and giving her a very condensed history of some of the more salient points of Llounge dwelling, (ZCD's, Adrian).

E. But at any rate it's too late now - you're here

Did that help?
Thank you so much, it did .

It must be the tomayto / tomahto thing (or I'm just thick...)
Advert
Old 06-11-2011, 10:48 AM   #66
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Lewis Carroll - Jabberwocky
Old 06-11-2011, 10:50 AM   #67
orlok
Close to the Edit!

Quote:
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Lewis Carroll - Jabberwocky
Now that one made more sense
Old 06-11-2011, 11:16 AM   #68
lestatar
LB's lolz Mutt Minion
lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.lestatar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, GalaxyTab, BB Bold9700, BB 8300, Sony Clie, Palm Vx, Palm III
@orlok...Thank goodness you asked...Better you than me ['cause I too had zero idea what was going on...]

Llounge LLamas - I LLike it!
lestatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:52 AM   #69
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Me?? Oh wait, yeah, it was my idea (details in my brilliant multi-quoting below). But it wasn't about you. NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenomshel View Post
Technically, I suggested it to JBJ because I figured it was only a matter of time before we were kicked out of General Discussions anyway, and it always looks better when it's OUR idea. My suggestion also contained an unfortunate typo.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 11:55 AM   #70
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
My suggestion also contained an unfortunate typo.
You mean a real honest to goodness typo, and I missed it?
Old 06-11-2011, 12:03 PM   #71
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You mean a real honest to goodness typo, and I missed it?
Yes, an honest to goodness typo, unlike your usual misreading of my posts. I fixed it but JBJ quoted me before it was fixed. But I'm not doing your homework for you. You can find it if you want.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #72
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Quote:
Yes, an honest to goodness typo, unlike your usual misreading of my posts. I fixed it but JBJ quoted me before it was fixed. But I'm not doing your homework for you. You can find it if you want.
JBJ did not use exact quote, if we are all waiting for the same crazy train together. I am nOT tossing anyone under it . Hahaha, love this more everyday. And I have auto correct on my phone so you at some point will see typos that like c+c music factory will make you go hmmmmm.
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:21 PM   #73
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
The previous posts were about Pooh trying to assess (scurrilous) membership dues, with discounts for not eating chicken. (Pooh thinks he's a chicken, you see...as evidenced by his avatar.)

Scurrilous? Who you calling scurrilous? I've had my shots!

We mods need those membership dues! We don't get paid! And we have to provide our own green hats & green ink.
[OK - you can't see my green hat right now because it got cooked in this heat wave we're having.]

Chicken? Who you calling chicken? Oh ..... wait a minute
[runs off and looks into mirror]
Never mind.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:25 PM   #74
jleliekelly
i'm getting there.
jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jleliekelly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-600, MOTOROLA PHOTON & Toshiba Thrive
Quote:
Me?? Oh wait, yeah, it was my idea (details in my brilliant multi-quoting below). But it wasn't about you. NOT EVERYTHING IS ABOUT YOU.

Technically, I suggested it to JBJ because I figured it was only a matter of time before we were kicked out of General Discussions anyway, and it always looks better when it's OUR idea. My suggestion also contained an unfortunate typo.
And it wasn't unfortunate it was a good guffaw on this end followed by an eye wipe. Lol
jleliekelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2011, 12:26 PM   #75
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jleliekelly View Post
JBJ did not use exact quote, if we are all waiting for the same crazy train together. I am nOT tossing anyone under it . Hahaha, love this more everyday. And I have auto correct on my phone so you at some point will see typos that like c+c music factory will make you go hmmmmm.
Haha I meant quoted in your post, not in the request to the mods.

Which makes me think of something...

@Pooh - were you the one who actually moved the thread? Because if not, I don't think you're supposed to collect the LOA membership dues. It's in the rulebook. (You could check for yourself, but Shel is still sitting on the nearest copy.)