Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 09:48 AM   #1
choklateice
choklateice began at the beginning.

Device: none
I want a Kindle

Hey i'm from ny and currently use my treo for ebooks but I want a kindle so bad. I told my hubby that I put it on my Xmas list and he better get it lol.
choklateice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 10:24 AM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Hi! Welcome!

I hope you get your wish!

I got my EB-1150 for Xmas last year, and it has been the best present ever!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 11:45 AM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by choklateice View Post
Hey i'm from ny and currently use my treo for ebooks but I want a kindle so bad. I told my hubby that I put it on my Xmas list and he better get it lol.
Hi choklateice--welcome! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. When you get your kindle, I hope you enjoy it as much as I've been enjoying mine! I got mine as an early b'day present about a month ago.

Regards,
R.L.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 02:39 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi choklateice and welcome to the Forum. Good luck this Christmas and, if you do get a Kindle, be sure and let us know how you like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 05:35 PM   #5
digitalzen
Connoisseur
digitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litterdigitalzen doesn't litter

Device: none
I want one too! You're lucky to have a hubby you can plead for one from. I'll have to rely on my mother, which often does not work so well.
digitalzen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 07:31 PM   #6
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Point your hubby to this thread about $50 off the Kindle, if you use the right code. It's only good till Nov 1 though, so tell him to hurry!

I love my Kindle!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2008, 05:03 PM   #7
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
I really love my Kindle. I like being able to buy books from Amazon at a reasonable price. I like all the free books that are available right here in the MobileRead forum and at sites like Feedbooks, ManyBooks, and Baen. If you look around in these fora, you'll find even more places where you can get eBooks. (Not all of them are free.) We've got some authors who hang out here at MobileRead and are committed to delivering their books in eBook formats. Several of them sell their books from their own websites at a MUCH more reasonable price than even the books at Amazon.

The only thing that the Kindle needs is a custom LightWedge such as comes in the new cover that Sony sells for their PRS-505. That would make it much easier to read in the car at night as well as reading in bed.

Welcome to MobileRead. You'll find a lot of helpful folks here.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #8
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
Should have went to see Oprah on friday, But anyway Welcome and hope you get one.

JJ
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 12:24 AM   #9
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Nobody loves their Kindle more than Oprah
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote