Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 02-17-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
Pancrazi
Pancrazi began at the beginning.

Device: Cybook Odyssey
USB cable and wifi

Hi there,

My USB cable has a problem. I saw I was not the only one to experience this issue : my Odyssey keeps on disconnecting from my PC when I plug it with the USB cable provided with the device when I bought it).

Wifi seems to work fine.

Question : is there a way to transfer books from my Calibre Library to the device through the Wifi ?

Or should I send my device back ? (no good for me, I leave soon on a long trip and I need my Odyssey !)

Antonio.
Pancrazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 11:18 AM   #2
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Cybook
Are you using the latest firmware?
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Pancrazi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Are you using the latest firmware?
I think so. I bought the device 2 weeks ago, and got an update on the first time I connected to the internet through Wi-Fi at home.

How can I check this to be 100% sure ?

Antonio
Old 02-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Pancrazi

I'm using the v4.0.1485 firmware.
I think it's the latest one.
But my Odyssey keeps on disconnecting untimely :-(
Old 02-17-2012, 01:26 PM   #5
bob123
Addict
bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.bob123 is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancrazi View Post
I'm using the v4.0.1485 firmware.
I think it's the latest one.
But my Odyssey keeps on disconnecting untimely :-(
Where do you get the "v4.0.1485"? I don't see any "v" something in the about screen on my Odyssey.
Anyway if you have accepted all the updates it has offered than that should not be the problem.

So how long will it connect for before disconnecting?
Advert
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
bob123
Addict

Quote:

Question : is there a way to transfer books from my Calibre Library to the device through the Wifi ?

Antonio.
I believe there is a way to start a content server. I think you would then just have to visit the server on the Odysseys web browser and download the books you want.
There is a Calibre forum you could ask.
Old 02-17-2012, 01:31 PM   #7
EldRick
Evangelist
EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!EldRick goes to infinity... and beyond!

Device: Aura H2O (i86, M96C, Mini&Glo, PRS-950, STR, K-Touch, K-DX, K-3)
This is not a unique issue. My three-week-old Odyssey does the same thing. It repeatedly disconnects from USB after a couple of minutes. If I leave it plugged in to charge, it also hangs my iMac at times.

Clearly the USB support is still (or again) broken, as others report the same issue recently.
EldRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:13 PM   #8
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Well, the update fixed stuff for some, but others still have problem.

I found out that unplugging then repluging the odyssey helped in my case.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 07:05 AM   #9
Pancrazi

I found a kind of solution.
I load my ebooks on a SDcard, and don't connect the Odyssey to my laptop any more.
I charge it with a charger.
To be continued...

I'll explore the "content server" option later.

Any other idea is welcome, even if I feel fine with what I already got.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
bob123
Addict

Quote:
Any other idea is welcome, even if I feel fine with what I already got.
Well if your not in a hurry, you could contact bookeen.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by EowynCarter View Post
Well, the update fixed stuff for some, but others still have problem.
Yep, that's what is discussed on the SBF forum.

I guess there are still problems in the usb driver running on the Odyssey; I hope Bookeen eventually will fix this issue, it is becoming rather painful and annoying.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 06:08 PM   #12
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob123 View Post
Well if your not in a hurry, you could contact bookeen.
Personally, I add: please do it!

In this way, Bookeen will continue receiving emails about the issue and (hopefully) they will work around it.
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote