Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-01-2015, 10:19 AM   #1456
eschwartz
Irrational Optimist
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You're welcome.

Anything that needed changes to work -- mention it in-thread, we can fix it so it will work for everyone.
eschwartz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2015, 06:21 AM   #1457
karofantGB
karofantGB began at the beginning.

Device: K3W & K3GB, PW2, Kobo Touch, Nook 1st
KUAL "MKK not installed" on K3GB and K3W

Hello.

First of all I would like to thank everybody for your voluntary work to improve our reading experience on ebook readers.
Thanks to you I have a K3W and a K3Gb updated to latest frimware 3.4.2, jailbroken, localized with german menus and german-english TTS and equipped with launchpad. I had to repack some stuff with kindletool in order to get it install on 3.4.2. Anything is working fine except KUAL.
I installed the latest MKK from the linked MKK thread. Installation finished with success message so I assume it worked. But if I try to open KUAL-KDK-1.0 I always get the "Mobileread Kindlet Kit not installed" message. This happens on both K3W and K3GB. I also tried the latest versions of NiLuJe's Snapshots without success.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

karofant
karofantGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 12:16 AM   #1458
karofantGB

No one with any idea about my problem so far?
Could this issue occur due to my changes like localisation?
Has any owner of a K3 with 3.4.2 successfull installed MKK and KUAL?
karofant
Old 12-14-2015, 02:18 AM   #1459
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karofantGB View Post
- - - -
Could this issue occur due to my changes like localization?
- - - -
"changes like" implies changes in addition to localization.
Tell us of **ALL** changes you have made.
(Include how many times you used: 'Reset to factory defaults'. )
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 03:37 AM   #1460
karofantGB

Hi knc1,
I bought both K3, one K3W and one K3GB as used, one was still registered to its previoud owner. I deregistered it after conecting to my wifi. Then I reset both devices to factory settings via the menu, registered both devices to my account and let them update to the latest firmware. Anything went fine so far.
Jailbreaking was easy and went straight forward, same as installing launchpad and pbchess. I struggled with localisation and german english TTS but repacking with kindletool solved this issue.
Anything works fine now except that I was unable to launch KUAL. Installing MKK prior to KUAL went successfull. I tried MKK and KUAL version from their corresponding threads as well as the ones from the latest snapshot thread with the same result. Before trying the different version I uninstalled MKK whuch also finished with success.
karofant
Old 12-14-2015, 07:46 AM   #1461
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
No issues on a K3G on my end, IIRC. I'll double check next week.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:47 AM   #1462
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@NiLuJe: Bit-rot?
Old 12-14-2015, 08:49 AM   #1463
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, (PW) & PW2; Kobo H2O
@knc1: Can't remember if I updated to 3.4.1 or 3.4.2 the last time I checked... >_<"

That, and I'm smack in the middle of finals, so, err, brain is a bit mushy right now ^^.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 08:57 AM   #1464
knc1
Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
@knc1: Can't remember if I updated to 3.4.1 or 3.4.2 the last time I checked... >_<"

That, and I'm smack in the middle of finals, so, err, brain is a bit mushy right now ^^.
OK -
My K3 has a serial port on it - I'll charge it up and update it to 3.4.2
Then report back here what happens.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:07 PM   #1465
Waitingforatrain
Connoisseur
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I installed Kual on jb 5.6.5 last night and had the launcher on my home screen. Now, after loading 5.7.2 I have to search for "KUAL" to find it each time. Is there a simple solution that I am missing? Thanks!
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:14 PM   #1466
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waitingforatrain View Post
I installed Kual on jb 5.6.5 last night and had the launcher on my home screen. Now, after loading 5.7.2 I have to search for "KUAL" to find it each time. Is there a simple solution that I am missing? Thanks!
Please check my post here. I had the same problem. Let me know if it helps.
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #1467
rogerinnyc
Zealot
rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.rogerinnyc is that somebody.

Device: Kobo Auro H2O; Kindle Voyage; Galaxy Note 4
Has anyone made a list of which KUAL extensions work with 5.7.2? I've tried Battery Tweak and Kual+ (to replace the store button), and neither seem to work (assuming I installed correctly -- just put their folders in "Extensions" and rebooted). Is there a way to tweak for the new software and its slightly different header configuration?
rogerinnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 02:58 PM   #1468
Waitingforatrain
Connoisseur
Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Waitingforatrain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindleBunny View Post
Please check my post here. I had the same problem. Let me know if it helps.
Sorry but still have to search for KUAL even though I added it to 2 collections. Neither seems to have "taken". Thanks for trying.
Waitingforatrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:17 PM   #1469
kindleBunny
Bunny
kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindleBunny ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2 Wifi
Quote:
Sorry but still have to search for KUAL even though I added it to 2 collections. Neither seems to have "taken". Thanks for trying.
When you are in My Library, what is written in bold in the top left corner? ALL or DOWNLOADED?
kindleBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2016, 03:24 PM   #1470
Stiehler
Doctor Who ?
Stiehler began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PaperWhite 2 (2013) WiFi
Quote:

click downloaded , which will apareer the kual
Stiehler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch, kindle touch hacks, kindlet, launcher, launcher add-ons, paperwhite, unified