Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 01-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #16
polyfragmentiert
Groupie
polyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshespolyfragmentiert can read faster than his screen refreshes

Device: SONY PRS-T1, bald tolino vision 3 HD
As in my signature. I'm on page 15 now and the story is seriously pulling me in. An interview with the author can be found at feedbooks as well.
polyfragmentiert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:15 AM   #17
NightGeometry
Zealot
NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightGeometry ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Kindle 3G, Kindle DX
In the middle of "The Quiet War" and "I Have America Surrounded". Floundering a bit with both, so may have a quick read through of something else and go back to both of them. If I do most likely I'll read Sergei Lukyanenko's The Last Watch.
NightGeometry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 11:28 AM   #18
SHOECHICK
Addict
SHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheeseSHOECHICK can extract oil from cheese

Device: Red Sony 505 and Ipad
started and finished Clive Cussler's Arctic Drift yesterday (sat on my butt reading all day) and then started Girl with the Dragon Tatoo last night.
SHOECHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #19
pboss
Evangelist
pboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enoughpboss will become famous soon enough

Device: none
I'm reading two books right now. The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals and I Sniper from Stephen Hunter. Technically, Pollan's book was the first.
pboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 11:33 AM   #20
julia103
Connoisseur
julia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litterjulia103 doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Started "Gwenhwyfar" by Mercedes Lackey on December 31st and am about 2/3 through it. After that I'll probably read a paper book that I was given for Christmas "When Skateboards Will Be Free" by Said Sayrafiezadeh. Not sure which will be the first e-book totally read in 2010, but probably "Crime Spells" (short stories edited by Martin Greenberg)
julia103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-02-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Most likely Wheel of time, book 4.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:05 PM   #22
PennyPie
Cocoa & Toast...mmmmmm...
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony PRS-700, iPhone
Quote:
I recently bought Dan Simmons' "Drood"; so thought I'd read Dickens' "The Mystery of Edwin Drood" first.
Oh, Sparrow, there I go again! You've now given me my 1st quest of 2010...just checked out Dan Simmons & Drood....already have the Dickens tale, now I just need to get Simmon's!! Sounds like a fun combo read! Thanks!
PennyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #23
PennyPie
PennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheesePennyPie can extract oil from cheese

Am finishing Shirley Murphey's Cats Under Fire. But after reading Sparrow's idea...Dicken's Drood, then Simmon's Drood - well that just might be my 1st 2 for 2010!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:29 PM   #24
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PennyPie View Post
Am finishing Shirley Murphey's Cats Under Fire. But after reading Sparrow's idea...Dicken's Drood, then Simmon's Drood - well that just might be my 1st 2 for 2010!
Those two will probably keep me occupied for most of January.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:35 PM   #25
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
I presume the Simmons is based to some extent on the Dickens? I know nothing about either one at this point. But I know Simmons has based a number of his works (maybe all ?) on various historical literature.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #26
PennyPie

Quote:
Those two will probably keep me occupied for most of January
You... & me too!!!
Old 01-02-2010, 12:53 PM   #27
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
I presume the Simmons is based to some extent on the Dickens? I know nothing about either one at this point. But I know Simmons has based a number of his works (maybe all ?) on various historical literature.
Not sure to what extent Dickens' novel is a basis for Simmons'; but the narrator is Wilkie Collins and Dickens is the principal character.

In Simmons' book, Drood is an evil underworld villain (according to the back cover which is all I've read so far ).
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:02 PM   #28
poshm
Fanatic
poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poshm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 360, Sony Reader Touch, Ipod touch & Kindle 2
Just purchased and downloaded Brisingr by Christopher Paolini which will be my first new book of the year.

I finished the Eragon and Eldest omnibus about an hour ago, nice lighthearted fantasy so I'm looking forward to the next installment.
poshm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:08 PM   #29
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by poshm View Post
Just purchased and downloaded Brisingr by Christopher Paolini which will be my first new book of the year.

I finished the Eragon and Eldest omnibus about an hour ago, nice lighthearted fantasy so I'm looking forward to the next installment.
I was surprised by the "to be continued" , having missed the info that the 3 book where now 4 books.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #30
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
I'm about halfway through Dexter by Design by Jeff Lindsay. I think I may start on the WOT series since they are being released one a month. That should work out well without me burning out on the series.
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote