Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-09-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
tracyeo
Connoisseur
tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tracyeo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505;PRS-600;Sony PRS-350;Kobo Mini;Kobo Clara HD
25% at Fictionwise through 12/15/2009

Fictionwise is offering a special deal for Windows Phone Thoughts readers. Simply use the code "thoughts25" during the checkout process and receive 25% off your purchase.

http://www.windowsphonethoughts.com/
tracyeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:23 PM   #2
bathos
Zealot
bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bathos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone XS, iPad Pro, iPad Air 2, kindle Oasis
I used this code to get 25% off and still got the big 40-60% discount and paid using micropay for secure books. Bargain!

Many thanks!
bathos is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 12:53 PM   #3
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh, come on now. This is getting silly. I didn't think my refusal to buy any more ebooks until 2010 would cause Fictionwise to make such big discounts.

Hmmm.... so this is a total discount of 55 to 70%. Wow. Hmm... if I can manage it with micropay, it's not as if I'm spending new money...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathos View Post
I used this code to get 25% off and still got the big 40-60% discount and paid using micropay for secure books. Bargain!

Many thanks!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 12:58 PM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
Hmm... if I can manage it with micropay, it's not as if I'm spending new money...
OK, I'm sunk. I've just bought the latest Pern book by Todd McCaffrey, RRP of $7.99 for $2.54, a discount of 68%. Now to see what else I can squeeze out of my remaining $10.90 micropay.
Old 12-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #5
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠

Quote:
OK, I'm sunk. I've just bought the latest Pern book by Todd McCaffrey, RRP of $7.99 for $2.54, a discount of 68%. Now to see what else I can squeeze out of my remaining $10.90 micropay.
Well, it turns out I could get the first Magic Kingdom of Landover omnibus for $4.08 (74.5% off) and A Quest-Lover's Treasury of the Fantastic for $2.55 (74% off)

But with only $4.17 left, I can't get any more.
Advert
Old 12-09-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Oh, come on now. This is getting silly. I didn't think my refusal to buy any more ebooks until 2010 would cause Fictionwise to make such big discounts.

Hmmm.... so this is a total discount of 55 to 70%. Wow. Hmm... if I can manage it with micropay, it's not as if I'm spending new money...
You can resist .... after all, at this rate, they'll get to 90% discounts or start paying us to buy the books by year end.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:51 PM   #7
mazzeltjes
Addict
mazzeltjes doesn't littermazzeltjes doesn't litter

Device: sony 505
25% at Fictionwise through 12/15/2009

16 dec 2009 20.48 amsterdam

thoughts25 coupon is still working at this time

mazzeltjes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:47 AM   #8
freecia
Enthusiast
freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.freecia has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle 3 3g+wifi, kindle 2, kindle 1
Used on a 100% micropay rebate book to bring it down to $5.09! I don't mind getting 100% back in micropay, but it is cheaper this way.
freecia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
causticmuse
Binge Reader
causticmuse doesn't littercausticmuse doesn't litter

Device: Treo 650, JetBook Lite, Asus eeePC 900a (Linux), Palm Pre
Still works as of 2:35 PM EST on Dec. 17, 2009. Thanks!
causticmuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:49 PM   #10
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
no, no, no! it needs to end!

I added up my spending to fictionwise over the last week.

45 books total
$154.xx total "spent" on books
$67 from credit card
$87 out of micropay
Another $30 on the membership renewal
I have a $46 micropay balance right now plus a $10 coupon from the membership renewal.

And as long as the coupon is still working I'm tempted to keep buying!!!
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:42 PM   #11
MelC
Evangelist
MelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it isMelC knows what time it is

Device: Cybook Gen3, PRS600
Just remember - we still have to save some money/micropay for Fictionwise New Years sale, post-Christmas sale and just because we couldn't figure out a national holiday to call it by sale.

Mel
MelC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
texasnightowl
Guru
texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.texasnightowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, K4B(NT), K3/KK
Yeah...I need to stop buying and build my wish list back up for a while. Don't forget we'll probably have a Valentine Day's sale in Feb. and a Tax! sale in April.
texasnightowl is offline   Reply With Quote