Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-10-2013, 04:07 AM   #316
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
I asked her, and the case is holding up perfectly after almost 2 months of daily use.
Thank you for checking Xendula. I contacted the vendor, Googleproducts, and they agreed to send me a replacement, now just waiting for it to arrive.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:51 AM   #317
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
^ Wow. That's unexectedly good service from a Chinese Ebay vendor!!
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 11:09 AM   #318
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
I got one of these (in purple) from ebay last week whilst I am waiting for my Oberon.
Does the job. Not as cheap as other covers mentioned here but, being in the same country as the seller means that I ordered on Monday evening and received it on Wednesday though I see they've now got a note saying they're away for a month!
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #319
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yolina, there was actually some interest in that case on this thread, but the seller only ships to the UK, so you are one of the few here who can even get her hands on one. I wouldn't mind one of those myself, if I didn't already have two cases.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #320
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW1, KA1
Oberon. Sigh.

If they'd only make dedicated slot-in cases instead of using those horribly ugly elastic straps (and using an entire video to explain a bungee cord...), then I'd buy my products to fit their cases, instead of the other way around.

Beautiful cases, with the ugliest retaining mechanism ever. Pity, that.

Last edited by Katsunami; 02-10-2013 at 11:34 AM.
Katsunami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #321
xendula
eBookworm

^ Ditto! If they could add the nice leather covers to a plastic molded back like the official case and the Googleproduct one, and add auto-wakep, I would not hesitate to buy one.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 AM   #322
Yolina
Wizard
Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yolina ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage
Quote:
Yolina, there was actually some interest in that case on this thread, but the seller only ships to the UK, so you are one of the few here who can even get her hands on one. I wouldn't mind one of those myself, if I didn't already have two cases.

That's a bit of a shame that they only ship to the UK. It's quite nice, though it certainly doesn't feel like leather, not even of the PU kind! But hey, cheap enough, nice colour and, for me, only temporary anyway. Bonus (as far as I am concerned): no branding on it - for some reason, I hate branding, it just irritates me.

Edit: and yes I would love an Oberon with a moulded back like the Amazon cover. The straps don't bother me at all though, what I really don't like is the slip-in type covers! (sorry Katsunami )

Last edited by Yolina; 02-10-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Yolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:32 AM   #323
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer
Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Katsunami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
^ Ditto! If they could add the nice leather covers to a plastic molded back like the official case and the Googleproduct one, and add auto-wakep, I would not hesitate to buy one.
Auto-wake-up could be added by them in 10 seconds flat. Just sow a magnet under the felt on the lid.

Snap retaining instead of slot-in would be fine as well.

I assume they don't do this because now their cases work for multiple devices.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #324
tritium4ever
tritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with otherstritium4ever plays well with others

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
I have a slip case from http://www.sfbags.com for my Paperwhite. It's a bit more expensive (though I didn't have to buy mine as it was part of the Winter Contest) but it holds the Kindle very well. It won't let the reader slip out and even has a plastic piece between the inner and outer lining of the case to help protect the screen.
I created an account just to thank you for that link. Ever since I got my KPW two weeks ago I've been looking for a sleeve that has a hard insert to protect the screen. The one you linked to is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

Now the dilemma is in picking a colour...

Last edited by tritium4ever; 02-10-2013 at 11:47 PM.
tritium4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:17 AM   #325
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
I created an account just to thank you for that link. Ever since I got my KPW two weeks ago I've been looking for a sleeve that has a hard insert to protect the screen. The one you linked to is exactly what I've been looking for, thanks!

Now the dilemma is in picking a colour...
You're quite welcome. My cover is black which does work well as a neutral color. I don't know how the other colors look personally but the one I have is a bit silvery black in the light.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:02 AM   #326
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritium4ever View Post
I created an account just to thank you for that link. Ever since I got my KPW two weeks ago I've been looking for a sleeve that has a hard insert to protect the screen...
Welcome to MR!
Old 02-11-2013, 01:51 PM   #327
Lyn2012
Addict
Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lyn2012 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPhone 8, iPad Pro
Quote:
Add to that being able to choose the colour/design combination you'd like and I'd buy one too. They are beautiful but not having the molded back, sleep/wake function and their insistence in only allowing certain colours with certain designs, (no, their designers don't know what looks best in my eyes), means that unfortunately I will never consider buying from them.
Lyn2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #328
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
Add to that being able to choose the colour/design combination you'd like and I'd buy one too. They are beautiful but not having the molded back, sleep/wake function and their insistence in only allowing certain colours with certain designs, (no, their designers don't know what looks best in my eyes), means that unfortunately I will never consider buying from them.
Oh, and that too, indeed. They have some designs that I'd really like to have on a cover, but not in the color chosen by them.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:51 PM   #329
xendula
eBookworm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyn2012 View Post
That's a strange decision on their part. I didn't even know, because the only time that I looked at their covers they had the corner straps and that was enough to put me off. BTW, they purposely do not show any pictures of the iPad covers opened - they must know how people feel about the corners.
Maybe they are a very small company that cannot afford to customize their covers for individual devices, for fear they'll sit on stock?
Old 02-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #330
Katsunami
Grand Sorcerer

To avoid that, they could make them on demand, like Noreve and KleverCase do.