Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 01:01 PM   #16
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Man, they must really have problems with their system when someone cancels an order and 10 days later, the order gets filled and you get charged. You are not the first person this has happened to. Yikes...what's going on there???
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:21 PM   #17
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad 9th Gen, iPhone 11, Paperwhite 10th Gen.
Yes, very strange.

Well, at least I actually have an order number now, which will make this easier to sort out. When all of this started, no one could even find the order to do anything about it.

My husband was wondering if we should just take it and maybe give it to our son or my mom for Christmas. My son doesn't read that much though, and he's busy with college and a part time job right now anyway, and I think my mother would find the Vox too difficult to use. If I were to get her an e-reader, it would be one that is simpler to use, like maybe a basic Kobo. She just barely knows how to navigate to use a browser on the internet, never mind having to deal with a totally different OS. It's going to take me a while to catch on, and I've been using computers for over a decade, I wouldn't foist this on her.
49Kat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 10:49 AM   #18
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I think they have had some issues with their order system. I finally got an invoice #. It quotes a new order number much different than my original one but it does show up on order history now which it didn't before.
mcrmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:03 PM   #19
49Kat
Fanatic
49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.49Kat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I still have no record of this order in my order history, but I do have an order number now. Hopefully Darrell was able to get it cancelled before shipping.

Yes, Kobo's system seems to be in a bit of a mess. I know Amazon orders are easy to cancel, and even returns are easy. Hopefully Kobo can smooth out the procedure a bit better in the future.
Old 11-10-2011, 10:00 PM   #20
mcrmama
Addict
mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.mcrmama 's shirt has a full set of merit badges.

Mine arrived today! I just checked my e-mail too and I got a shipping notice today as well while I was at work. It is busy downloading many books right now so I am moving some of the packages here into my new dropbox account for loading.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:22 AM   #21
49Kat
Fanatic

Well, this was interesting. When I go to my account and purchase history on the Kobo site, there's no record of my Vox transaction. But if I go to the site by using the link in the e-mail invoice I received on Nov 9th, my transaction shows up there. There's an invoice and there is also a refund. My credit card has not been refunded yet, but that could take a few days to show up. The refund has been issued, anyway. I have printed both the invoice and the refund.

I think this is something else that Kobo needs to clean up.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #22
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
I seem to remember reading that there are two distinct Kobo purchasing sites; one for eBooks and one for hardware.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:29 AM   #23
49Kat
Fanatic

Oh, OK. That explains it then.

Kinda messy, though, in my opinion. I mean, after I made my purchase, I was not able to 'find' the site where the hardware purchase was made, it was only by using the link in the invoice e-mail that I was able to get there. I would navigate to the kobo site with my browser, log into my account, and only my e-book purchases were listed. I'll play around with this on my laptop and see if I can get to the hardware site from here without using that link.
Old 11-12-2011, 09:42 AM   #24
49Kat
Fanatic

Ah, OK, I've got it. I typed "kobo.com" in my address bar (without the quotes) and went to the main page. On the laptop, I usually use bookmarks to go to the Kobo site where I browse for e-books, and I'm always signed in when I do that. When I just went to kobo.com by typing this in the address bar, I was not signed in when I got to the page. I clicked on 'sign in' and I was automatically signed in. Then I hovered my mouse over "my account", and a drop down menu appeared and there were two different sections--one for "my ebooks" and one for "my eReader account". The Vox order shows up when I go to the 'my eReader account' section. The refund doesn't show up when I click on "My refunds" on the left side of the page, however. My purchase is there. When I click on "View order" on the right side of the page, then I see tabs with "Order information", "Invoice" and "Refunds".

To be honest, had I known this much sooner, maybe a lot of aggravation could have been avoided. However, anyone I spoke to on the phone, whether it was Darrell or the girls in St. Lucia, also were completely unable to find any record of this order at the time so I wonder if I would have found it even if I had been navigating the site properly.

Old 11-12-2011, 11:27 PM   #25
mcrmama
Addict

I bet it would not have shown up, mine did not until the day before it shipped.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #26
49Kat
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrmama View Post
I bet it would not have shown up, mine did not until the day before it shipped.
Probably not. I know when I was talking to Darrell on the phone, he couldn't find any record of the order in the system, and that was, I think, November 1. He sent an e-mail later that day saying the order had been cancelled. I didn't try to find the order online after that, but even if I had tried, I wasn't looking in the right place anyway.

Oh, this IS unbelievable. I'm just checking my account settings, and they have my default billing address in the address book section as some public library in Wisconsin! I'm in Saskatchewan, Canada. Good grief, gotta do something about that...Well, at least the addresses for the Vox order were correct. Not that I should be getting anything shipped...

I should have printed that page with the wrong address on it before I changed it.

Anyway folks, check your settings. That's under the Account at the TOP of the page, drop down menu to "My eReader Account", then to "Billing and Shipping". It was in the address book.

OK, I just changed it. That is so weird!

Last edited by 49Kat; 11-13-2011 at 02:36 AM.
Old 11-13-2011, 02:28 AM   #27
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49Kat View Post
My husband was wondering if we should just take it and maybe give it to our son or my mom for Christmas. My son doesn't read that much though, and he's busy with college and a part time job right now anyway, and I think my mother would find the Vox too difficult to use. If I were to get her an e-reader, it would be one that is simpler to use, like maybe a basic Kobo. She just barely knows how to navigate to use a browser on the internet, never mind having to deal with a totally different OS. It's going to take me a while to catch on, and I've been using computers for over a decade, I wouldn't foist this on her.
To me the basics of the Kobo Touch are very simple. Tap here and tap there. It's simpler than the WiFi in that respect. If you get into trouble just hit the bottom button (whatever it's called. Manual, who reads the stinkin' manual???) and it always takes you back to the main menu where you will see your last five books. So if mom gets lost she can always get back to a familiar place.

Once she's finished those five books show her how to navigate the authors and books interface. After all you've previously stashed another five or ten books for her to find and she should be fine from then on.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote