Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 08-29-2010, 01:05 PM   #1
penythai
penythai began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Unhappy Pocketbook 301+ asking to activate when viewing epub from Booksonboard

Hi There,
I've just got my pocketbook 301+ and today have gone through the trials of installing Adobe Digital Editions under Linux. Once I got that working I rushed an purchased a new book in epub format I have got it in ADE but after I transfer it to my device (which is not being seen by ADE in wine) and I open the file it asks me to activate the device which then fails as it is obviously not connected to the internet.

Is there a way to get this activated? Or have I messed up somehow.

The firmware version is 15.2

Any Ideas?
penythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:14 PM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Do you have access to a PC running "real" Windows - perhaps a friend? The easiest thing to do would be to install ADE on a Windows machine, connect the Pocketbook via USB, then run ADE and log on to your Adobe account. ADE should say something like "A new mobile device has been detected - would you like to activate it?". Answer "Yes" and you're set. The important thing is to have the Pocketbook connected BEFORE you start ADE.

Running these things under emulators is unfortunately a rather unreliable business.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
penythai
penythai began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 301+
Thank you very much that solved my problem.
penythai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #4
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Is there any possibility that Adobe releases ADE in a native version for Linux?
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 03:27 PM   #5
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by penythai View Post
Thank you very much that solved my problem.
Great!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2010, 10:24 PM   #6
darkforce
Enthusiast
darkforce began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 360
As my box is Ubuntu, I found the same problem as you. ADE on wine can't find PB, so I activated it in Windows.
darkforce is offline   Reply With Quote