Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-07-2010, 09:40 PM   #1
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Save to disk, opens folder, how to turn it off

When I click Save to disk, it opens the folder, how can I stop it opening the folder?
Also when I click Convert book, I want it to convert the book without asking me to change anything.

Last edited by Dark123; 08-07-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 09:43 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNewbie123 View Post
When I click Save to disk, it opens the folder, how can I stop it opening the folder?
I believe this is a Windows work around, to insure that the data actually finishes writing. Calibre is not the only proggy that does this.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
Clancy_s
Zealot
Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Clancy_s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Not just windows - it does it on linux (ubuntu 64 bit 10.04, Calibre 0.7.12) too.
Clancy_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 06:57 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I like this feature personally. I always export to a fixed location, then copy from there to wherever I want to put the file, so the fact that it automatically opens the folder is a time saver.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:51 AM   #5
Dark123
Zealot
Dark123 doesn't litterDark123 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I like this feature personally. I always export to a fixed location, then copy from there to wherever I want to put the file, so the fact that it automatically opens the folder is a time saver.
I understand why it may be helpful for some people, but there should be a way to turn this off. I always copy it to the eBook reader, there is no need for the folder to open.
Dark123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-08-2010, 09:02 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by eBookNewbie123 View Post
I always copy it to the eBook reader, there is no need for the folder to open.
As you are copying to a device, try using Connect To Folder (available under Connect/Share) instead of Save to Disk. It doesn't open an explorer. It also provides additional functionality, such as the OnDevice check marks.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote