Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Fictionwise eBookwise

Notices

Old 06-01-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
Goshzilla
Zealot
Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Goshzilla has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Rocket Ebook 1150
question about screen covers

I'd like to know if there are any places I can buy from online that sells something or anything that could be used as a screen protector. This is for my ebookwise reader, and ideally it should be able to cling on to the surface. Also I would like the item to be "textured" such that it can break up reflected light hitting the surface and yet not heavily textured as to obscure the screen. Any recommendations would be nice.
Goshzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
umm

I don't know of any, though someone else might.

I don't find not having a screen protector to be that big of a deal for me. I just make sure I clean the screen ever so often.

I know that there are a few cases out there for the eb1150, though I can't remember off the top of my head where they are.

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #3
Jadon
Hermit
Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.Jadon can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Kobo Glo
My ETI-2 died a couple of months ago, and while I tried to hold out a while (mostly hoping for a Pixel Qi unit, but it looks unlikely to come out for many months yet, if someone even manages this year), I finally gave in and bought anothe eBookwise, and one thing I noticed was that the new one comes with a built-in screen protector, which my Dec2005 unit lacked. (Which is interesting, as I didn't think these were being made anymore, that it was just old Gemstar stock being sold.)
Jadon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:11 PM   #4
derrell
Jack O' Apes
derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.derrell once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Nokia N810, EZ-Reader, HTC Droid Incredible, Archos 70
This might or might not be what you are looking for. Haven't tried it myself but found it while searching for a screen protector.
Invisible Shield
derrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #5
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Strong Engineering still sells screen protectors. They have gotten really expensive though. They are sold in a pack 12 for $27.56. The pic they have up is the original Rocket Ebook. the size is 5.5" x 3.5". IIRC I bought these a few years ago and they fit. Measure to be sure. Still the price may make this a non-option. Here's the link:

http://www.strongengineering.com/sea...anufacturer=71

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-01-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
250 Coupe
Groupie
250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch250 Coupe is clearly one to watch

Device: Many ebook readers at my house
I've let my four year old "draw" on mine, usually use my thumb to clean the screen and have not scratched it in 3+ years.

I have put a piece of card stock (think cereal box) in the sleeve to protect the screen while I haul it around in my lunch box.

Michael
250 Coupe is offline   Reply With Quote