Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 04-17-2009, 03:19 AM   #1
printmeister
printmeister began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi from a newbie!

Hi all,

Just joined today, as I am looking into buying a reader very soon.
I currently use a Dell PDA to read my ebooks and I'm hoping to find out if there is a reader that will cope with the formats I already have (mainly lit but also some txt, html, rtf, doc)

I'm not sure what is the best approach.... buy a reader that can read all these formats, or buy something such as the Sony and hope I can convert them.

All the best

John.
printmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 07:57 AM   #2
Curly
I need a holiday!
Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.Curly is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: PRS-505, ipod touch
Hi printmeister and welcome to MobileRead.

Many of the formats you mentioned can be fairly easily converted to mobi or epub which could be read on a variety of different devices.

The wiki has a lot of information about different devices and formats.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
Curly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
printmeister
printmeister began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly View Post
Hi printmeister and welcome to MobileRead.

Many of the formats you mentioned can be fairly easily converted to mobi or epub which could be read on a variety of different devices.

The wiki has a lot of information about different devices and formats.

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_devices
Thanks Curly...that's really useful information!
printmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:02 PM   #4
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi John and welcome to MobileRead. I read on an iPaq for years till I got my Sony 505 and it is a great improvement.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:39 PM   #5
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Your files can be easily converted if they are DRM free. If they have DRM you will need to learn to strip the DRM before converting them.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert