Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 01-10-2014, 10:48 AM   #1
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Not sure if right place. On win8 the ebook viewer fails

I was doing a clean up and had well about 25 or 30 books open at a time using calibre 1.18.

This normally doesn't cause a problem as I have 32gig ram but the ebook viewer crashed.

When I tried to open another book after closing that last lot I got a message
"calibre-parallel.exe has stopped working"

I closed the program. Rebooted windows. Installed the update to 1.19 and the problem persists. I am wondering if anything short of a full uninstall/reinstall will fix the problem.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:54 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I was doing a clean up and had well about 25 or 30 books open at a time using calibre 1.18.

This normally doesn't cause a problem as I have 32gig ram but the ebook viewer crashed.

When I tried to open another book after closing that last lot I got a message
"calibre-parallel.exe has stopped working"

I closed the program. Rebooted windows. Installed the update to 1.19 and the problem persists. I am wondering if anything short of a full uninstall/reinstall will fix the problem.
(just a WAG)
In the configuration folder: rename viewer.json, that contains the last 'state' info and it may have gotten corrupt
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-10-2014, 09:33 PM   #3
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I tried deleting the viewer.json but then it happened again. I finally tracked it down to a file I had edited in "Edit Book".

I had removed a "duplicate cover". There were two different covers in the book. I had also deleted an html page that was just a "blank". in the html just a lot of formatting stuff with a couple of non-breaking spaces.

I've done this kind of thing using the old "tweak book" in the past but it's the first time I've modified a file in that manner using "Edit Book" and wonder if anyone else has had the same sort of experience.

Also on a related note, Is there a tool to check the integrity of the individual epub file?
Old 01-10-2014, 10:56 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I tried deleting the viewer.json but then it happened again. I finally tracked it down to a file I had edited in "Edit Book".

I had removed a "duplicate cover". There were two different covers in the book. I had also deleted an html page that was just a "blank". in the html just a lot of formatting stuff with a couple of non-breaking spaces.

I've done this kind of thing using the old "tweak book" in the past but it's the first time I've modified a file in that manner using "Edit Book" and wonder if anyone else has had the same sort of experience.

Also on a related note, Is there a tool to check the integrity of the individual epub file?
In the book editor: click the lady-bug
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 02:46 AM   #5
LadyKate
Fanatic

lol Thanks theducks, Never looked at the :ladybug: lol. I have the bad book saved to look at why it was doing that. Will check it
Advert