Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 06-24-2008, 02:40 PM   #106
xmx
xmx began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I'm trying to use v013 on a vista machine, .net 3.5 and everything updated.
I am seeing an issue.
No output file gets written if I try to add an image file and flag the "Use as Thumbnail Option" . I do not get error messages, in the output window everything stops after the first 2 lines (output path).
If I don't select that option all works fine.
BTW When loading an image I see the preview only under "cover Image", not "thumbnail".

Tks,
Antonio
xmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #107
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Device: Cybook Gen3
Hi xmx,

I'll have a look and see if I can duplicate your problem. Are you modifying an existing MOBI file or a PRC file?

The preview only displays in the cover image pane by design. I should probably change the title to Cover Image / Image Preview.

Cheers
Jad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2008, 10:14 AM   #108
xmx

I'm trying to modify a prc file. If first I convert into .mobi without selecting thumbnail, then reopen the mobi, open an image, select thumbnail, it works.

I also noticed that the program locks up if I try to open a .prc that already has images. Does not happen with all of them but if you want I can provide the file that crashes it.

BTW thanks for writing this very useful software. Makes it really easy to update lots of books. In my wish list a feature to process multiple files in one shot would be great (i.e. assign same author to a number of files).

Thanks,
Antonio
Old 06-25-2008, 03:28 PM   #109
xmx

Another small issue I noticed is that when it reloads the file after you save it it truncates the file output name.

Here a little flag "overwrite" would be useful if you are just making edits but don't want to change the name anymore.
Old 06-25-2008, 08:09 PM   #110
Jad
Groupie
Jad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-booksJad has learned how to read e-books

Hi xmx,

Thanks for the extra info, this will make it easier to try and replicate the problems you are having. Have you tried doing the same mods just using the original Mobo2Mobi.exe at the command line? Its possible that the problems maybe with Mobi2Mobi itself and not the GUI.

Can you give me an example of the truncation problem you are seeing?

Also, yes please attach a copy of the problem PRC file that causes the crashing problem. I assume its a non DRM'd and public domain title.

Cheers
Advert
Old 06-25-2008, 08:13 PM   #111
Jad
Groupie

Oh, I also forget to say that I've thought about the batching of books idea and its on the back burner as a feature to add. I've just got to figure out a way of presenting it in a useful way, I may need to right a different tool to do this.

You could always have a crack at it yourself, its actually quite a good way to learn programming if you have a specific task you need to achieve. The community is very helpfull here.

Last edited by Jad; 06-25-2008 at 08:15 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:49 PM   #112
Jad
Groupie

V0.13 Source Code Released under GPLv3.

The Mobi2Mobi GUI source code is being released under GPLv3. Note that the code is largely undocumented and is released as is. I'm not the tidiest programmer so excuse what are probably a bunch of big no no's in the code. If you make use of the code or make any improvements, please send me a copy as I'm always interested in learning.

You will need Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition & .NET Framework 3.5 to open the solution.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Mobi2Mobi_GUI_v013_GPL.zip (48.9 KB, 675 views)
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM   #113
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle1, K3, K3G (thanks MR), iTouch, Kindle Touch
I've installed and am trying to get the GUI version of mobi2mobi to work. Get win 32 confirmation when defining the mobi2mobi directory but when I try to open a book I get the following:
Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Mobi2Mobi_GUI.Form1.UpdateBookFields(String datapath, Boolean open)
at Mobi2Mobi_GUI.Form1.btnOpenFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Any idea what I'm doing incorrectly?

cheers
Leep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 02:11 AM   #114
Jad
Groupie

Hi Leep,

If you downloaded the v0.13 version you need to make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. If you have v0.12 then you need .NET Framework 2 with SP1. Can you confirm what versions you have and this will help narrow down the problem.

Cheers

Jad
Old 07-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #115
Leep
Guru
Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leep ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Hi Leep,

If you downloaded the v0.13 version you need to make sure you have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. If you have v0.12 then you need .NET Framework 2 with SP1. Can you confirm what versions you have and this will help narrow down the problem.

Cheers

Jad
Thanks for your quick reply - yes I have downloaded and installed netframework 3.5 (assumed that I should not uninstall 1, 2.0 or 3.0?) and I have sp1 installed and activeperl 5.10.0 build 1003.

Any ideas what I should try next?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:17 PM   #116
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leep View Post
Thanks for your quick reply - yes I have downloaded and installed netframework 3.5 (assumed that I should not uninstall 1, 2.0 or 3.0?) and I have sp1 installed and activeperl 5.10.0 build 1003.

Any ideas what I should try next?
If you install .Net 3.5 then 3.0 and 2.0 and all SPs to those come along for that ride as .Net 3.0 and 3.5 are a superset of .Net 2.0.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:31 PM   #117
Jad
Groupie

Hi Leep,

If you have the appropriate version then I'm not sure whats going on. The only time I have ever been able to replicate this sort of fault is when the wrong version of .NET was installed for the compile.

Does the problem occur on all MOBI/PRC files? What paths are you using for the Mobi2Mobi directory and eBook path? There was a bug a long while ago that didn't like drives other than C: but that was sorted I thought.

Sorry but I've run out of ideas. You can always grab the source code and try a compile yourself and see how you go.

Jad
Old 07-02-2008, 06:53 PM   #118
Leep
Guru

Ok as a quick recap I show the following installed:
.net framework 1.1 (and hot fixes)
.net framework 2.0 sp 2 beta (and hot fixes)
.net framework 3.0 sp 2 beta
.net framework 3.5 sp1 beta
Mobiperl-0.038.tar (and mobi2mobi.exe, etc.) in a file called mobiperlwin
When I run the Mobi2mobi GUI file and define the directory, it recognizes the mobi2mobi file and assigns a win32 check. My output file is called ebooks to convert. I've tried to open several different prc books, and get the following error details.
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
at Mobi2Mobi_GUI.Form1.UpdateBookFields(String datapath, Boolean open)
at Mobi2Mobi_GUI.Form1.btnOpenFile_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventAr gs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.O nMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.W ndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3031 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Mobi2Mobi GUI
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner.Lees_laptop/Desktop/mobiperl/Mobi2Mobi_GUI.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
If I ignore the warning and convert, I get:
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Lees_laptop\Desktop\ebooks to convert>"C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Lees_laptop\Desktop\Mobiperlwin\mob i2mobi.exe" "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner.Lees_laptop\Desktop\ebooks to convert\Babbitt.mobi"

but no book in that file

Unfortunately, my programming days were in the 70's so I'm over my head in today's world of windows!

cheers
Old 07-02-2008, 10:27 PM   #119
Jad
Groupie

Hmm..

I'm wondering if something has been broken in the Beta service packs for the .NET Framework. I noticed that you are opening the books from a directory with a "." in the name. This shouldn't be a problem, but I've seen weird pathing problems before with the GUI, could you please try putting a book in the root of C: drive and trying opening it, and see what happpens, actually also put a copy of the Mobi2Mobi.exe there as well and change the location path. Let me know how you go. If you get the same problem, I'll build a virtual machine with all the Beta SPs and see if I can duplicate the problem.

Cheers

Jad
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 PM   #120
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jad View Post
Sorry but I've run out of ideas. You can always grab the source code and try a compile yourself and see how you go.
Why not give him a debug build so you can get some line numbers where the error is occuring. Errors like that are usually coding errors, not framework problems.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mobi2mobi