Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Kindle 3 not showing "new" next to newly added books

When I first got my Kindle I noticed it would tag newly added books with "new", I thought this was a nice little feature but over time it appears to have stopped doing it.

Perhaps it's because the books I'm adding are ones I've had previously stored at one time or another, I got curious and tried a full factory reset, still no "new" tag.

Does the Kindle keep an internal hash of all the books it has ever stored?
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
Were they books you had already gotten directly from Amazon? Or, were they sideloaded? I imagine that if they were sent via Whispersync, they'd not show up as "new" if they were books you'd already been sent.

Granted, I've never tried it myself, so it's just my guess on the function of Whispersync.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
WDeranged
Enthusiast
WDeranged began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
If I download something new from Amazon it does indeed show up as new but files I manually transfer don't, I'm 100% sure they used to.

I'll do some testing when I get home, I'll transfer a few files I know have never been stored on the Kindle and see what happens.

Thanks for the reply.
WDeranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:42 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Files loaded via USB should show as "New". Perhaps your Kindle's clock is wrong. Connect to Amazon to set the clock.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:10 PM   #5
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Files loaded via USB should show as "New". Perhaps your Kindle's clock is wrong. Connect to Amazon to set the clock.
Or perhaps WDeranged PC's clock is wrong.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert