Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 06:23 AM   #121
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Yep, I thought so!
Is there any way of reverse eng. on the PDF reader to fix the rotation in the mobi reader?
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:56 AM   #122
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
There is. There're many Java decompilers on the net, and you can google manuals on how to do this
I just fear it won't be easy...
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2012, 07:37 AM   #123
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Thanks for the advice! I'll give it a go as soon as I'll end my exams!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:58 AM   #124
Icy13
Icy13 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well, I submitted a comment to Amazon on the issue of native support for landscape on the touch. The most interesting thing in the response was the comment that "comments such as this are extremely rare."

While this is mostly a "we'll try to do better in future" reply, I was interested in how surprised they were with my desire for landscape.

Quote:
Hello,

I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused in this case. We certainly never expect this would happen with our customers.

I understand that you would like to have the previous version of PDF reader on your Kindle Touch.

I'm sorry; but currently we don't have the previous version of PDF reader on Kindle Touch.

However, I've taken this as a feedback and personally forwarded your concern to the Kindle Development Team. Its very rare that we receive a feedback like yours, even though we have a dedicated team working relentlessly to implement the feedback back we receive. I understand, how convenient it would for all our customers if this feature is implemented. Thank you for the time you've taken to provide your valuable inputs.

As I've forwarded your feedback and suggestions to our Kindle Development Team, they were very happy and assured that they'll work hard to implement your suggestions as we plan our future improvements. Customer feedback like yours helps us in our endeavor to improve the service we provide, and we're glad you took time to write to us.

We strive for convenience and efficiency at Amazon.com, but in this instance we have fallen short of our goal.

I hope that you will allow us another opportunity to prove the quality of our service to you in the future.

Thank you for your recent inquiry. Did I solve your problem?
Icy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:57 AM   #125
lan54160
lan54160 began at the beginning.

The screen rotation app doesn't work

Using the file update_KTRotate_0.2_install.bin to upgrade my Kindle Touch(5.0.3) , and then screen rotation works. But when I power on my KT later, the screen doesn't rotate.

Why ?
lan54160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-07-2012, 11:46 AM   #126
cbakerazle
cbakerazle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Question

I also tried the following for rotation of screen, before I saw the update doesn't allow it to work now.

My question is, I copied the extensions folder mentioned in on the Kindle at the same level as the music folder. Should I delete this whole folder now or is it needed by the Kindle? Any help would be greatly appreciated..Thanks, Carol
cbakerazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:19 PM   #127
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4, Kindle PW, Nexus7 3G
@cbakerazle: useless on a K3, you can rotate screen in every book via Aa
diba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #128
cbakerazle
cbakerazle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
fix for landscape

Hi,
SHould have said that I have a Kindle Touch model. I see now that the mp3 landscape rotation won't work because of Amazon's update.

I had copied the file for extensions onto the Kindle files as instructed and put the mp3 file in the music folder. That was easy to get rid of, just deleted the mp3.

I tried moving the extension folder from the Kindle folder onto my computer desktop but then a new copy of the extension folder appears instantly into the Kindle folder.

Is the extension folder part of the original Kindle software? If not can I just delete it or will that harm my reader? Thanks
cbakerazle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 01:35 PM   #129
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

To get rid of extensions you have to uninstall Yifan's Launcher (it's the one that creates and uses this folder). For uninstall.bin file go to GUI Launcher thread.
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 06:55 PM   #130
Loza
Loza began at the beginning.

problem rotate screen

Hi,
When I bought my Kindle Touch I was very furious because of not rotate screen. Now, I update my Kindle 5.3 but, again, this not rotat the screen, ufff.
When I saw that page I'm very happy, but I dowloaded Rotate_refresh.zip and copy the folder: 'extensions' in my kindle, and Rotate_refresh.mp3 in the music folder.
Before, Settings / Experimental / Mp3 .. I can't see the bottoms in the rotate_sreen.mp3 I only see: <button type='button'....
Any idea??
is it for the kindle 5.3???

Thanks
Loza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 02:10 AM   #131
diba
Addict
diba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolatediba is generous with chocolate

If you would read the whole thread, you would know. Start on the FIRST page and download the hack appropriate for the firmware version, it has to be the 0.2 for firmware 5.0.3
Old 02-11-2012, 12:06 PM   #132
Loza
Loza began at the beginning.

When I try to instal the *.bin, appear in my Kindle a Error 007.
What is the problem?
Loza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:24 PM   #133
diba
Addict

007 is no jailbreak. Reinstall and it should work.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:47 AM   #134
victor_2203
Connoisseur
victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.victor_2203 can eat soup with a fork.

Is it possible to fix the cutted images issue for rotating hack 0.2?
victor_2203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 07:55 AM   #135
diba
Addict

hack 0.2 does this.