Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-30-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PEZ, Color Libre, 2@Sony T1, Onyx i62HD
Military Only ---

Check Aafes for T1s...
(I don't think it's allowed to advertise this.)
AJ Starr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:39 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Starr View Post
Check Aafes for T1s...
(I don't think it's allowed to advertise this.)
You don't think it's allowed to advertise what? They aren't advertising anything they are selling like they always do. You have to log into the exchange to even see this item.

The price would seem to be a mistake, but they are definitely describing the PRS-T1 and listing it as a PRS-T1.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-31-2011 at 09:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 08:41 AM   #3
AJ Starr
Guru
AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AJ Starr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Years ago when I was Active Duty I was told by the Aafes personel that they were not allowed to tell what prices they were selling items for. I was just following my ethics in not telling this, since this price is not available to the general public.

AJ
Old 10-31-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Years ago when I was Active Duty I was told by the Aafes personel that they were not allowed to tell what prices they were selling items for. I was just following my ethics in not telling this, since this price is not available to the general public.
You might be right, but in my experience prices on Aafes are rarely any better than local stores. I still think it is an error. If I was looking for a new reader I'd give it a shot.
Old 10-31-2011, 09:32 AM   #5
AJ Starr
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
You might be right, but in my experience prices on Aafes are rarely any better than local stores. I still think it is an error. If I was looking for a new reader I'd give it a shot.

I'm confused on what you think is an error: their prices or that they are usually around the same as local stores? I agree on prices, but over the years (and something my Mother-in-law stated about prices back during the '50s) is that the Aafes products are usualy better quality and thus higher prices.

However for the new electronics, I always shop there when possible.

BTW, I purchase my Red T1 at the original Aafes price, and my son and husband both were thrilled with it, so I just bought two more at the sales price. So I just saved, on the three of them, around $130 plus tax. Almost compentates for a lifetime spent in the service of our country.
Advert
Old 10-31-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
I'm confused on what you think is an error: their prices or that they are usually around the same as local stores?
I thought the price was an error but you have obviously already proved me wrong. Thanks for the info.

Quote:
I agree on prices, but over the years (and something my Mother-in-law stated about prices back during the '50s) is that the Aafes products are usualy better quality and thus higher prices.
In my experience this is true.

Quote:
Almost compentates for a lifetime spent in the service of our country.
Absolutely, it almost makes me feel bad for only putting in 22 years.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 10-31-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:08 AM   #7
silverraven
Guru
silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silverraven ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle 4NTB x 4
Thanks for the heads up!
S
silverraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #8
AJ Starr
Guru

My husband had 26 plus still in GS service. I had nearly 12 years active.

AJ