Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-20-2011, 06:04 AM   #1
jono33_nz@hotmai
jono33_nz@hotmai began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone4
Hi. How do I stop PDF attachments auto opening in Calibre?

Hi. Ever since I upgraded to a new verson of Calibre, when I open a PDF attachment from an email, Calibre opens and it trys to convert it.

I just want to open these attachments as a PDF. How do I stop Calibre from opening up and taking over?

Thanks
jono33_nz@hotmai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 06:17 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
What OS are you using?

To get your PDF attachments to open up in a certain application you have to associate PDF files with whatever application you want to open your PDFs.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-20-2011, 06:31 AM   #3
jono33_nz@hotmai

Hello, thanks for your reply. Im using internet explorer. My problem is when I open an email with an PDF attachment, and I attempt to open the PDF attachment - Calibre automatically opens, not my PDF reader (Adobe). I dont want calibre to open automatically, I just want to read my email attachment!
Old 09-20-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
It sounds as if somehow you have managed to get the Windows file association setting for PDF files changed to point to Calibre. You need to get it changed to point to whatever application you want to use for opening PDF files (probably Acrobat Reader).
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Right click on a .pdf file.
Select properties
Click change
Select adobe reader

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2011, 06:23 AM   #6
jono33_nz@hotmai

Many thanks for your advice - it worked a treat, my problem is fixed now. Thank you