Notices

Old 10-02-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
ibat
Fool
ibat began at the beginning.

Device: HanLin V3, Cybook Odyssey HD, PocketBook PB626, PB632
Hi !

I've just joined this forum.

Well I have been watching the development eInk and eReaders and have the impression that the technology has matured enough to venture the purchase of such a device.

The question is which device to get and where to get it from. This is where I stand now, and why I have joined the forum. I come from an open source programming background and will only use a device that I can fill with content from my Linux workstations.

The Hanlin V3 alias LBook V3 look very promising.
I find the simplicity very attractive.

Yes, no DRM. So what! I'll spend this lifetime reading public domain content

Last edited by ibat; 10-02-2007 at 02:02 PM. Reason: typos
ibat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 01:58 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, ibat!

You picked a good place to get lots and lots of info -- ask if you don't find something particular.

And you picked a good month to join, between the PRS-505 (out today), the Cybook Gen3 and the Kindle (scheduled to launch later this month), you should have a few more very good devices to consider in short order.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert