Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 07-09-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
niconico
niconico began at the beginning.

Device: kindle, kindle dx, nook STR
Website to create own nook screensaver

I just built a small web-application that helps creating screensavers for the nook:

http://ereader-screensaver.appspot.com/

If you find it useful or to submit bug-reports please use the feedback button on the site or this forum.

Cheers

Last edited by niconico; 07-09-2011 at 10:42 AM.
niconico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
Gedvondur
Gedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to beholdGedvondur is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo
I think you mean 'Wallpaper' instead of screensaver...?
Gedvondur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-09-2011, 10:20 PM   #3
apeine
Enthusiast
apeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enoughapeine will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook STR
Worked fine. Good job. No more messing with irfanview or similar software.
apeine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 02:37 AM   #4
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Awesome! I haven't used your site yet, but I definitely will. I was recently asking about good screen saver sites. Considering most of us likely have art and pictures of our own we'd like to use, I'm sure this will benefit all of us.

Thanks for the site and the hard work!
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 08:15 AM   #5
niconico

Glad you like it!
Advert
Old 07-10-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Your site and application appear to be great. There's just one catch for me. In following your well-designed instructions, I find with my newly-acquired Nook STR there's no directory labeled "My Wallpaper," only one labeled "My Screensaver." And it's the wallpaper function I'm interested in. Is there a solution?
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2011, 01:14 PM   #7
niconico

I think wallpapers are only a feature of the nook 1 and nook color, on the STR there are only screensavers (the images that get displayed when the device is turned off).

Found the explanation here: http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...er/td-p/646298
Old 07-10-2011, 01:46 PM   #8
ascherjim
Addict
ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.ascherjim has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: BeBook One, PocketBook 360, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura One
Thanks for looking into this form me. I guess I'll just take a pass. Good application though. I'll pass it along to my wife who has a Nook Color.
ascherjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 03:07 PM   #9
luvtinayothers
luvtinayothers began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Worked great - Thank you!
luvtinayothers is offline   Reply With Quote