Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-25-2014, 07:09 PM   #706
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by manawydan View Post
Um. Can you repeat this in English please?

Why add a tag?
Why mark all? What for? If I check for lets say missing jacket the results contain files with missing jackets and nothing else. The log file shows "missing jacket" as well as other errors but that does not help if you have many books.
And missing jacket does not mean you can't open the book and read it.

I usually have searchhighlighting disabled so it shows only the search matches.

To find potential corrupt epub files I use quality check plugin since - as said above - it tries to open the epub and if the file is corrupt it can not be opened.

However regardless which check option I use I only see the results while others e.g. the "no epub format" are only listed in the log file.

If I enable search highlighting the whole library is displayed with the search matches highlighted but again this is of no use because I still do not know which entries caused the "no epub format" error.

I hope I explained it better now.
I think I see. 2 sets of results,
1)
The highlighted items are those that satisfied the check, but FAILED the standards

2)
Those the check could not be performed on (eg damaged)
I wonder where the temporary logfile is kept

for #1
Tagging allows you to SAVE some sort of mark, which you can later search for:
Repair, (like add a missing cover)
then you Clear the tag on the book
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #707
manawydan
Connoisseur
manawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toysmanawydan shares his or her toys

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I think I see. 2 sets of results,
1)
The highlighted items are those that satisfied the check, but FAILED the standards
Yes.
Satisfy check as in working well enough to be opened by Calibre and match the search criteria (e.g. missing jacket).

Quote:
2)
Those the check could not be performed on (eg damaged)
Yes.
But these "results" are only listed in the log.

Quote:
for #1
Tagging allows you to SAVE some sort of mark, which you can later search for:
Repair, (like add a missing cover)
then you Clear the tag on the book
But if I want to try repair I just have to mark the results after the check. In the example I can try to repair "missing jackets" (however and why ever I would do that ).

The problem is what Calibre does not show in the list.

Lets say the result for a check for missing jackets is
Author A - My memoir
Author W - The dog

In the log you find
Author A - My memoir - missing jacket
author c - any title - error epub format missing
Author W - The dog - missing jacket
author z - any other title - error epub format missing

Lets now say there are not 2 authors wth epub format missing but 200.

So the problem is how to get Calibre to show only these entries (author c and z) so they can be removed?

Other than search for author c and z and all the other 198 manually.
manawydan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2014, 06:17 AM   #708
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@manawydan - just do a formats:epub search, then set the Quality Check plugin search scope to "selected books" and select all your EPUBs, that will avoid any of those errors appearing in the log. I guess you could also do it as a virtual library of formats:epub and then do a full library search.
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #709
erk
Enthusiast
erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.erk got an A in P-Chem.

Device: SONY PRS505
Does 'Series Gaps' support multiple Series columns?
If not, is there a way to 'satisfy' the series gap check without creating duplicate entries for a book that belongs to multiple series?
erk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:55 AM   #710
cymrogwirion
cymrogwirion began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs-500
A quick question from a Calibre newbie

I have run Quality check on my covers initially, and it has highlighted quite a few books that need better covers. How do I select just these 'pinned' books and run a metadata refresh on them? Do I have to go through them individually or is there a way to select these books only? Apologies for what is probably a stupid question.
cymrogwirion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #711
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I thought after running a Quality Check, the library window already showed only the pinned books? However, if that's not the case for you I think typing marked:true in the top search box then pressing the Go button should result in only the pinned books being displayed.

I don't know of a way to download multiple covers in one go. I don't see anything in the Change cover section of the Bulk Edit Metadata screen. That doesn't necessarily mean there isn't a way, it just means I've never needed to use it If there is a way, hopefully someone with better knowledge will be able to enlighten you.

If I needed to do this myself, in the absence of better info, I'd
1. run the Search mentioned above
2. Edit Metadata for 1st book in list and run Download cover option
3. Press Next in Edit Metadata window to take me directly to Edit Metadata for next pinned item.
4. Repeat 2 & 3 until done.

Last edited by jackie_w; 02-27-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: better solution below
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #712
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Select all the books you want covers downloaded for and press Ctrl+D or right click and go to Edit metadata->Download metadata and covers, which will give you an option to downlaod only covers.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 09:55 AM   #713
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Much better solution than mine. Live 'n' learn
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:20 PM   #714
cymrogwirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Select all the books you want covers downloaded for and press Ctrl+D or right click and go to Edit metadata->Download metadata and covers, which will give you an option to downlaod only covers.
Thanks for your reply - but possibly I am missing something! I have thousands of books in the library. 300 of them need better covers. Quality check 'pins' these - but they are displayed amongst the other thousands of books. I cannot seem to select only pinned books, and then press CTRL-D. I was wondering if there is a quick way of only selecting those 300 pinned books? Currently I have to scroll through the whole library and select each one individually - and find the 'pinned' ones amongst the thousands of other books - and then as you say CTRL-D. I cannot even seem to sort them by pinned or unpinned - that would make things easier. I completely acknowledge that this is my lack of understanding of the brilliant calibre - but how do I show only pinned books - so that I can easily select them?

Thanks for being patient!

PS - I have a similar problem with finding Duplicates - I can find them ok - but do I then have to individually select all the duplicates and delete them?
Old 02-27-2014, 03:25 PM   #715
cymrogwirion

[QUOTE=jackie_w;2774485]I thought after running a Quality Check, the library window already showed only the pinned books? However, if that's not the case for you I think typing marked:true in the top search box then pressing the Go button should result in only the pinned books being displayed.

Oh I wished this had worked - but it didnt. Just to make sure I did this correctly!! I run a quality check for the books - it pins around 300 of them. I should then type in the normal search box marked:true. I did this - but nothing happened!! Thanks so much for your help! It again is probably my lack of understanding
Old 02-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #716
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cymrogwirion - First try Ctrl/Shift/M

And maybe move Mark Books into a toolbar or context menu (Preferences->Toolbars)

I'd tag the books with something like '_needsbettercover', which I'd remove as/when I found a better cover

Aside : I use the leading '_' to differentiate 'administration' tags from 'content' tags

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 02-27-2014 at 03:50 PM. Reason: Add Aside
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:01 PM   #717
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@cymrogwirion

Damn - is there a button like this highlighted one

If its there with no Red Stripe then click it.

If its not there then change settings as per attachment

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	322
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	119684  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 04:11 PM   #718
cymrogwirion

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
@cymrogwirion

Damn - is there a button like this highlighted one

If its there with no Red Stripe then click it.

If its not there then change settings as per attachment

BR
Brilliant!!! That was exactly what I wanted. Thank you

Just wondering - Is there a similar trick for just selecting duplicate books?!!!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:14 PM   #719
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymrogwirion View Post

Just wondering - Is there a similar trick for just selecting duplicate books?!!!
There is a Find Duplicates plugin as well.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:19 PM   #720
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cymrogwirion View Post

It is not a trick, simply a choice of how you want searches displayed. You either view just the results or the results highlighted among all the books. By default it is set to view just the results. Sometimes this setting gets toggled.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote