Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 01-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #106
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
It began with an ad from the fnac, about the sony prs-500.
Cool, e-reader coming to france at last. And then, I need one of these.
So I went googleling for the various options, and found mobileread that way.
And realized that there already where e-reader sold in France, namely, the bookeen gen3. (Obviously, some serious lack of advertising there ! ). i didn't had to wait for the prs-500.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 02:47 PM   #107
Joebill
Fanatic
Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joebill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pandigital Novel
I got interested about a year ago. I checked reviews every 1-2 months until I found one I liked.
Joebill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 10:00 PM   #108
the quiet fox
Interstitial Reader
the quiet fox began at the beginning.

Device: K1/KDX-G/PRS-650
My e-book world view was Kindle-centric for a while, but Amazon's limited forum capabilities got old real fast, and eventually I started getting curious about other devices and the progression of e-reader technology. Google eventually led me here, and I lurked for a while before finally deciding to make an account.
the quiet fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 11:58 PM   #109
Acreo Aeneas
Kobo Aura
Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Acreo Aeneas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura
Ironically I came across MobileRead when I was doing research into e-ink displays, the very first Hanlin prototype models, and the Amazon Kindle years ago. Before I knew it, it became my #1 look-to site for new info and if I had any questions about a particular device. I lurked around until last year when I almost purchased a Kindle 2 and decided to ask on the forums here about which reader to purchase.
Acreo Aeneas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 07:06 PM   #110
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Well I have been reading ebooks for over 15 years now on multiple devices and finally decided to break down and buy a dedicated ereader to carry around instead of my 10yr old Toshiba laptop. I was doing a bunch of research on the web looking for a device that would handle the multiple formats of ebooks that I have acquired over the years when I came across this site while searching for product reviews.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 04:58 AM   #111
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdf9511 View Post
Well I have been reading ebooks for over 15 years now on multiple devices and finally decided to break down and buy a dedicated ereader to carry around instead of my 10yr old Toshiba laptop. I was doing a bunch of research on the web looking for a device that would handle the multiple formats of ebooks that I have acquired over the years when I came across this site while searching for product reviews.

...and suddenly discovered a treasure chest of choices ...

welcome to MR ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:55 AM   #112
SimonSays
No wire hangers, ever!
SimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enoughSimonSays will become famous soon enough

Device: Sony PRS-300
I found this site while searching for free ebooks during the first weekend I was given my ereader. I used google to seach for "free ebook downloads" and came across this http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/ and saw something about mobipocket which I had no idea what it was. I then googled "mobi pocket book" and the 3rd link (this site) showed as a forum which I knew would help me learn more about ebooks and ereaders. I have been trapped here every since
SimonSays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #113
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonSays View Post
I found this site while searching for free ebooks during the first weekend I was given my ereader. I used google to seach for "free ebook downloads" and came across this http://finding-free-ebooks.blogspot.com/ and saw something about mobipocket which I had no idea what it was. I then googled "mobi pocket book" and the 3rd link (this site) showed as a forum which I knew would help me learn more about ebooks and ereaders. I have been trapped here every since
Welcome to the addiction!!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:40 AM   #114
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

No one is TRAPPED here - we just can't leave ....
Old 02-24-2010, 08:46 AM   #115
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
No one is TRAPPED here - we just can't leave ....
"Show me the way to go home,
I'm tired and I want to go to bed.
I had a little drink about an hour ago,
And it's gone right to my head."

"Home, home on the Mobile Range."
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #116
GeoffC

Besides that - the important question is:-- "why would anyone want to leave ...."
Old 02-24-2010, 08:50 AM   #117
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Besides that - the important question is:-- "why would anyone want to leave ...."
We spend so much time here there's probably no one waiting for us on the outside anymore.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:57 AM   #118
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
We spend so much time here there's probably no one waiting for us on the outside anymore.

What !

There is an outside to here ?
Old 02-24-2010, 09:03 AM   #119
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Quote:
What !

There is an outside to here ?
Ssssshhh! Just close the blinds and face the screen - you'll be fine.
Old 02-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #120
GeoffC

it's nice and warm and friendly in here .....