Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-23-2009, 02:17 AM   #1
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
How to reset the Pocketbook 360?

Hello All,

I understand the reset button is under the battery cover. As far as I can see there are three parts to the back cover that look like they can be removed. Which one am I supposed to remove, and how? The user manual is not very helpful

Thanks
Florence
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:26 AM   #2
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK, I found it. In case anyone wants to know: the battery cover is the one below the pocketbook logo on the back, and it opens by sliding it downward (if you hold it so that you can read the word "pocketbook"). I hope that's clear enough, I will try to post a photo when I have enough light and time
Old 12-23-2009, 04:38 AM   #3
pakiyabhai
Zealot
pakiyabhai began at the beginning.

Device: pakiyabhai
just for curiosity

1. Why do you need reset button ? Is it hanging ? Power button does everything fine

2. Does your battery cover say PocketBook 101 too ?
pakiyabhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 05:20 AM   #4
Forkosigan
Wizard
Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.Forkosigan knows who John Galt is.

Device: Pocketbook Touch (622)
Photo and link to the German-language FAQ, unfortunately there is no translation into English.

Quote:
The battery compartment on the back of the device can be opened by one below the pocketbook lettering on the back light exerts pressure, and then gently push the lid down!
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64634
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC00337.JPG
Views:	981
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	41792  

Last edited by Forkosigan; 12-23-2009 at 05:34 AM.
Forkosigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #5
FlorenceArt
High Priestess

Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
1. Why do you need reset button ? Is it hanging ? Power button does everything fine
The power button shut it down, but it hung again at restart. Apparently it was a book file that did it, now I have removed it so I hope things will be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakiyabhai View Post
2. Does your battery cover say PocketBook 101 too ?
No, just Pocketbook
Old 12-23-2009, 11:06 AM   #6
Yar-PocketBooker
Fanatic
Yar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animalsYar-PocketBooker is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: PocketBooks and Onyxes and anything E-Ink...
The back side of the PB360 has got two covers - upper and lower. The lower one is the one we're looking for to open.
Put your two thumbs on the lower cover and pull it a little bit towards yourself, it slides open and then you can take the cover off.
The reset button is in a pinhole to the right. Don't forget to connect your PB to the power source (PS or outlet) before re-setting.

Have a nice e-reading.
Yar-PocketBooker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #7
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
Thank you!

I was having trouble finding the reset button on my Pocketbook 360, thanks so much!

The manual it comes with doesn't have how to take off the back cover. I figured it was easy but darned if I wasn't having trouble figuring out how to get it off!

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
meika
meika began at the beginning.

Device: palm, sony xperia with Moonreader, Pocketbook 360 plus, Pocketbook 613
I've a pocketbook 360 plus that can be turned on and off via the power button but the screen remains the same. I've pressed the reset button next to the battery with the back cover removed, while the green light is on. Nothing.

How long do I hold the reset down for?

've tried the reset button when off. But no nothing.

I've tried the reset button while the USB power is plugged in on a red light. Nothing.

I've tried holding the big buttons down while holding the on button on (from off).
I've tried sepearately too.
And the middle button.

How long for exactly?

The screen remains the same.
meika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2014, 02:25 PM   #9
sassanik
Guru
sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sassanik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB1150, iPhone, Cool-er Purple, Pocketbook 360, Kindle Fire
reset

I would say it should be held down for approx 30 to 60 seconds? My screen normally goes blank and then after a bit will pop back on.
You should not need to have it plugged into the USB or press any other buttons to make it successfully reset.
Did you try unplugging the battery and plugging it back in?
Is the screen blank or just stuck on a page?

Amy
sassanik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 04:45 PM   #10
meika
meika began at the beginning.

Device: palm, sony xperia with Moonreader, Pocketbook 360 plus, Pocketbook 613
thank you,

The battery connector plug would not budge from the socket. I squashed the plug a little with my needle nose pliers. Using a wooden skewer I dislogded the black wire.

I disconnected the battery, and left it out overnight, but no luck. It was the same as before.

While it powered on to a green light before, some days later the screen has faded and does not power on from the battery.

HOWEVER, on plugging in the USB power it has restarted, i.e. auto re-booted, and and it all seems good.

?!?

My advice is do not give up. I have yet to try the reset option.
meika is offline   Reply With Quote