Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
Archolmn
Archolmn began at the beginning.

Device: Android Coolreader
Save to disk - ends up with slight variations in folder names...

Hello all!

I have set up Calibri to save by book series, so for example:

The Dark Tower Series (opening it> 1 - The Gunslinger, 2 - The Drawing of Three, etc

But some of the titles end up in almost correct folders so it ends up like:

The Dark Tower Series > 1 - Gunslinger

But then 2 - The Drawing of Three ends up in a folder named The Dark Tow or The Drk Twer.
A slight variation of the actual book series name. Now mind I have checked and in Calibri their actually named correctly its only upon saving them that this happens.

Anyone care to explain or give insight as to why this is happening?
Archolmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archolmn View Post
Hello all!

I have set up Calibri to save by book series, so for example:

The Dark Tower Series (opening it> 1 - The Gunslinger, 2 - The Drawing of Three, etc

But some of the titles end up in almost correct folders so it ends up like:

The Dark Tower Series > 1 - Gunslinger

But then 2 - The Drawing of Three ends up in a folder named The Dark Tow or The Drk Twer.
A slight variation of the actual book series name. Now mind I have checked and in Calibri their actually named correctly its only upon saving them that this happens.

Anyone care to explain or give insight as to why this is happening?
This is on your Device that you see this?
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
Archolmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is on your Device that you see this?
Well its on my PC that I see this seeing as I always manually copy the eBook folder over. Its annoying as hell and it only becomes more so as I add more books.
Old 02-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Well its on my PC that I see this seeing as I always manually copy the eBook folder over. Its annoying as hell and it only becomes more so as I add more books.
Thanks, just making sure you were NOT trying to change the Library contents.

just another WAG
This folder: It needs to be close to the drive root (eg C:\booktemp)

that series name is Loooong by itself
Windows has Path name limits, so Calibre will try and make it fit
Old 02-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Archolmn

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Thanks, just making sure you were NOT trying to change the Library contents.

just another WAG
This folder: It needs to be close to the drive root (eg C:\booktemp)

that series name is Loooong by itself
Windows has Path name limits, so Calibre will try and make it fit
That would still not explain on why it can do it on the one hand but not on the second seeing as I get this problem even with small series names (Example: Videogames Books, Videomes Books)

I save them in a folder on the desktop.
Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
Could there be some problem with the metadata and/or the encoding used in it? So that it looks fine, but isn't. Try to delete the series name, and then write it in again, and see if that fixes it.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:30 PM   #7
Archolmn

I have solved the problem, it would seem the title names were too long afterall. After shortening the ones that caused problems it saves beautifully. So thanks theducks!
Old 02-03-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
I have solved the problem, it would seem the title names were too long afterall. After shortening the ones that caused problems it saves beautifully. So thanks theducks!
Hey, My WAG turned out to be the culprit.
While I don't normally use abbreviations, I do clean up (redundent) naming.

The Big One Series Doh! I know it is a Series, that is why it is in the SERIES Column

My Title :A Novel This is a Tag (if you must. I assume Novel unless tagged Short Story )

And a Title that includes the Series
Star Wars:My Last Hope