Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 09-06-2012, 08:21 PM   #451
Feedmonk
Feedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toysFeedmonk shares his or her toys

Device: Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Thank you; and I plan to hit your site next week for Apple's big show. Will give some feedback after that event. Keep up the good work.
Sounds great! Yeah we are hoping to be a big help for the Apple iPhone announcement! Here is the link for the Apple Event next week. http://feedmonk.com/events/apple-iphone-5-press-event

Please feel free to submit blogs to the site! Here is a vid of what feedmonk had for the iPad HD announcement http://www.justin.tv/twit/b/310861618 and for the WWDC12 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHDBw8xs2qQ#t=8m48s

Please share with your friends!

Best,

Feedmonk
Feedmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:35 PM   #452
spindlegirl
Wizard
spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spindlegirl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra h20, Paperwhite 2017, Phone & Tablet w Moonreader
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I like the grey screen on my 4 month old K4.
I agree. I don't think I would prefer a white-white screen. The grey on mine is a suitable background and I don't notice any difficulty, nor unpleasantness reading. Most of the books I own (physical books) are similarly contrasted on the ink to the color of paper.

My K4 is to me, the perfect e-reading device. I wish I had discovered it sooner. And it's wonderful that for my daughter the T1 I gave her suits her better than me.
spindlegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:37 PM   #453
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
I just saw the video on the verge. They had the old touch and new pw side by side. When you turn off the light, the screens look basically the same, so says the reporter and that's what it looks like. The light does make the background look white. I don't know what it does for clarity.

I guess you can just leave the light on all the time. Screw the battery.

Shoot, it really kills me that they dropped TTS. The screen is tempting, but I'm not going to carry two kindles around.
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:43 PM   #454
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
I guess you can just leave the light on all the time. Screw the battery.
That is Amazon's expectation.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:19 PM   #455
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Does the Kindle paperwhite have landscape mode?
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 09:53 PM   #456
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by jocampo View Post
That's what I would like to know. I won't buy it if it doesn't, even though I'd love to have the light and higher contrast.

I also agree that it really sucks that it doesn't seem to have audio. I like to use my kindle for continuous music in my car during really long car trips instead of fiddling with CDs, and occasionally like to listen to mp3s while I read. I hope it's still included but just wasn't mentioned in the specs... although I highly doubt that is the case.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #457
DreamWriter
Books are brain food.
DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DreamWriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite · Fire HD6/HD8/HD10 · Galaxy Tab A7
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
I hope it's still included but just wasn't mentioned in the specs... although I highly doubt that is the case.
It looks like the Paperwhite does not have audio. MP3 isn't listed as a supported content type in the specs and there are dashes on the features chart in the "audio" column for that device. Only the Kindle Keyboard and Fire models are listed as having audio now.
DreamWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #458
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
That's what I would like to know. I won't buy it if it doesn't, even though I'd love to have the light and higher contrast.

I also agree that it really sucks that it doesn't seem to have audio. I like to use my kindle for continuous music in my car during really long car trips instead of fiddling with CDs, and occasionally like to listen to mp3s while I read. I hope it's still included but just wasn't mentioned in the specs... although I highly doubt that is the case.
Ordered mine , if doesn't, I'll return, but I'm sure they will include on 1st firmware upgrade or so, happened with the 3G touch ....

Let's see ...
Old 09-06-2012, 10:36 PM   #459
jocampo
Layback feline

I'm happy with my Nexus 7. So not excited about the Kindle HD, but the 8" and 4G looks nice.

But if Apple releases a mini iPad I may reconsider my Nexus purchase.
Old 09-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #460
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Ordered mine , if doesn't, I'll return, but I'm sure they will include on 1st firmware upgrade or so, happened with the 3G touch ....

Let's see ...
I don't think that there is an audio jack on the new Kindles. A firmware upgrade isn't going to fix the lack of audio. The only thing on the bottom is the power button and the microUSB port.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen shot 2012-09-06 at 8.40.54 PM.png
Views:	202
Size:	297.8 KB
ID:	91947  

Last edited by ucfgrad93; 09-06-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: add picture
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:06 PM   #461
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
I don't think that there is an audio jack on the new Kindles. A firmware upgrade isn't going to fix the lack of audio. The only thing on the bottom is the power button and the microUSB port.
Joe's worried about landscape mode, not audio.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:10 PM   #462
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Oops, my bad.
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 11:14 PM   #463
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
As much as this question came up when the KTouch was released you'd think at least one or two of the tech blogs that were at the press event would have checked this out during the hands on, but so far I can't find any mention and it doesn't appear there's a users manual up yet on Amazon.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 12:59 AM   #464
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
I think I saw a shot of the screen with the four A so you should be able to turn it any way you want.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 02:00 AM   #465
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimW View Post
Yes, they will refund $10. (I was almost fast enough. )
I wake up and the refund is already processed. I paid for it partly by what was in my gift card balance and partly with the CC registered at Amazon. I asked for the refund to be paid to my gift card balance, but it seems Amazon returns it to the credit card. Stupid bureaucracy.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote