Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 07:43 AM   #1
Razva
Razva began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-T1
Question ePub Sync with other Android / iOS

Hi,

Right now I owe a bunch of products - iPad, iPhone, Xoom, Nexus and PRS-T1. I'm reading books on all of them, depending on the device I'm using at that moment.

The problem is that I really need an app that'll sync all my ePubs into one place. For example, if I'm reading a book on my iPad, the .epub should sync with all the other devices, along with the bookmarks and read pages.

Is there any software that can do this? The Kindle app doesn't supports .epub and all my books are in ePub format.

Thanks!
Razva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
Razva

Anybody...? There's really no app that can store ePubs in the cloud or at least sync devices...?
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 AM   #3
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
The Mantano Reader app, on Android, has just introduced a Mantano Cloud storage feature, but I think it's a paid subscription service. I'm afraid I don't have any more details than what you can read in the link
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #4
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Interesting. Thanks for the info, jackiew.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:48 PM   #5
krumbs
krumbs began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PSP (Bookr), iPhone (Stanza), Archos 704 (PDF)
Moon Reader syncs across devices by uploading the current position to your Dropbox account, and then downloading that (tiny) file to other Android devices. Not sure if there is a similar app for iOS, though.
krumbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:06 AM   #6
Razva

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
The Mantano Reader app, on Android, has just introduced a Mantano Cloud storage feature, but I think it's a paid subscription service. I'm afraid I don't have any more details than what you can read in the link
Nope, doesn't exists on the Apple AppStore...

Quote:
Originally Posted by krumbs View Post
Moon Reader syncs across devices by uploading the current position to your Dropbox account, and then downloading that (tiny) file to other Android devices. Not sure if there is a similar app for iOS, though.

This is crazy, I can't believe it...there's no app on both AppStore/Market that can accomplish such a simple task...
Old 04-05-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
Blackadder
Somewhat bored
Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blackadder ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo hd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razva View Post

This is crazy, I can't believe it...there's no app on both AppStore/Market that can accomplish such a simple task...
Given the differing products I think it's not surprsing that such an app does not exist (assuming it doesn't)

However, if it is such a simple task why not write the app yourself
Blackadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:12 PM   #8
elinares
Xtreme Quijote
elinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litterelinares doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
ibisreader

Try http://ibisreader.com
elinares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 02:23 PM   #9
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Aldiko used with separate app Aldiko Sync will use Dropbox (free) to sync across Android devices but I haven't found one yet that will also work on iOS across both platforms...
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 08:06 PM   #10
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
txtr has free cloud storage, apps for Android and iOS, and I believe it syncs reading position.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:37 PM   #11
luvduchovny
Zealot
luvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melonluvduchovny knows how to choose the perfect melon

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500, PRS-600, PRS-650, PRS-T1, PRS-T3
The current Sony Reader app will at least keep up with both my phone (which is an android phone) and my android tablet and sync properly. Which is nice because the stuff I read on my phone is different from the stuff I read on my PRS-T1, although I wonder if I have wifi turned on and pick the book I'm reading on those if it would sync. I really should try and see.

But cross pollinating from iOS to Android and back... hmm... that is a conundrum.
luvduchovny is offline   Reply With Quote