Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-19-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
Estuche
Enthusiast
Estuche began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question Nook Color, Samsung Galaxy Tab handling of PDFs

Can anyone comment/ post pics of any of these devices handling two column PDF files? Is there any way to highlight text on the Nook Color or the Galaxy tab?

Thanks in advance
Estuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Estuche View Post
Can anyone comment/ post pics of any of these devices handling two column PDF files? Is there any way to highlight text on the Nook Color or the Galaxy tab?

Thanks in advance
"Problem" is, you can install dozens of apps (easily on Samsung Galaxy Tab, which is an "open" Android 2.2 system; more complicated on nook color without "official" access to the Android market, but given the active user scene on the original nook probably easy enough), handling PDFs.
I'm not into PDFs, but even I know of:
Txtr app, Adobe reader, various office packages with PDF capabilities, ...
I'm pretty sure, there's an app for every need...
Do you have any specific app in mind?
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
Estuche
Enthusiast
Estuche began at the beginning.

Device: none
Well, I can't think of any particular app, but whichever allows for highlighting text on PDFs would be perfect for me. I know that for the iPad there is one called "iAnnotate":

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3g_wYr-vDI

So far I am not aware of any Android app that allows for this. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Estuche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 04:37 PM   #4
schmolch
Connoisseur
schmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it isschmolch knows what time it is

Device: Kindle
There is nothing like iAnnotate for Android.
Regarding columns, one of the pdf-readers (ezPDF) can zoom into columns with a double-tap and go to the next column with a single tap.
schmolch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 11:17 AM   #5
Dreen7
Dreen7 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
PDFs on the iPad

There are many apps on the iPad that you can use to read and annotate PDFs. I prefer GoodReader, inexpensive, fast, manage/rename, and connects to Dropbox and other online storage services. iAnnotate is just one of them..
Dreen7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert