Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-16-2010, 03:56 PM   #16
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Maybe using the update folder you might be able to script a fdisk and reinstall of the OS.

The iRex guys are probably the only ones that can tell you.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #17
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

Device: none
At the moment it doesn't got past initial splashscreen (bubbles and guy reading a book), no progress indicator... so I don't really have a chance to check *anything*.
yacoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2010, 04:37 PM   #18
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Hmm getting to the flash is the problem, you said you got dmesg so you must have/had a term or usbnet running, did you try a fsck at any point (not sure about flash drives) as I doubt a ramdisk is being used.

I would try a number of resets to see if you can get back in. Its a bit of a bummer alright.
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 04:44 PM   #19
yacoob
Zealot
yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.yacoob is no ebook tyro.

As for dmesg: I ran rxvt once the device was working, and dumped the results to the file If I get it up again (playing reboot game right now), I'll see whether there are mtd-related binaries on the device...
Old 07-17-2010, 07:44 AM   #20
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacoob View Post
In the meantime my device decided to die permanently Given Irex Technologies current state, I think I'm hosed. Luckily there are no new versions of the firmware, so there should be no changes needed :P

For anyone concerned about his reader: no, usage of trickd and death of my reader are *probably* not connected. It looks like flash memory storing kernel developed bad blocks, and it stopped booting. However, if you want to be 100% sure, don't use trickd.
I'm so sorry to read this.
Maybe you could open the device extract the flash card and check it on a computer.
Best luck!
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2010, 11:49 AM   #21
yacoob
Zealot

Hmm, you expect it's a separate card? It's NAND flash, so I'd expect it to be just a couple of ICs soldered on the board. This way or another, I'll wait a bit - perhaps Irex Tech. will recover, and will be able to help me out here.
Old 07-26-2010, 04:25 PM   #22
yacoob
Zealot

To hijack this thread a bit; has anyone been disassembling his/her dr800? I'll eventually do it, but perhaps anyone can offer some useful insight before I assault my device with a pointy stick?
Old 07-26-2010, 04:36 PM   #23
dima_tr
Groupie
dima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-booksdima_tr has learned how to read e-books

Device: Iliad v2, DR800S (inlove)
I'm approaching this state 1-2 weeks more and I'll reach the point of condensation.
dima_tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:59 AM   #24
ExtraSF
ExtraSolar
ExtraSF began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Removing Margins in .pdf files

Hi everybody...i was wondering, now that we have continuous reading of .pdf files, if there isn't a way to "fit to screen" eliminating .pdf margins.
I believe DR1000 has this functionality.
Is there software that allows to trim .pdf margins of a book to read it in a small screen like the DR800.
Thanks in advance.
ExtraSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
yacoob
Zealot

...and to close down this thing here: given that I've just bought Sony PRS-650, I doubt I'll be doing anything to trickd or flowmytears. For anyone fancy poking at it, the sources are publicly available at:
http://github.com/yacoob/irex

(oh, and if you need a broken DR800SG, head here)

Tags
dr800, fullscreen, pageflow, trickd