Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #1
trieuthanhtuan
trieuthanhtuan began at the beginning.

Device: none
My Sony PRS-650 can not read djvu file???

Hi,
I have just bought Sony PRS-650, but I don't know why it can not read file djvu.
Please help me!!!! Thanks.
trieuthanhtuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 08:04 PM   #2
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
According to the Sony spec, the list of supported formats is:

Code:
Wide choice of supported formats such as EPUB, PDF, Text, RTF, Word and BBeB
so you can read practically anything.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-07-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
ardeegee
Maratus speciosus butt
ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ardeegee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-350
Some of the smaller-name readers support .djvu, I believe, but I don't think that any of the big names do.
ardeegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:06 AM   #4
sonyreaderfan
Groupie
sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sonyreaderfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader Prs 950, iPad
You can easily convert djvu to pdf. Do a search "djvu to pdf" and there will be an abundance of resources.
sonyreaderfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2011, 01:32 AM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
The pocketbook readers or the Onyx Boox readers might be able to read djvu.
.djvu can be easily converted to PDF (I've done it before), so for you the easiest option would probably be to convert your file to PDF. The Sony and Kindle readers may have hacks that allow them to read .djvu, but they cannot read them natively (neither can Nook or Kobo).
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-08-2011, 02:49 AM   #6
trieuthanhtuan
trieuthanhtuan began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you very much for replying. I will try to cover .djvu file to pdf.
trieuthanhtuan is offline   Reply With Quote