Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-19-2012, 02:34 AM   #1
six58
six58 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch
Question Network Error on wireless syncing

i know this has been discussed in the past but i can't seem to find any recent threads and the feedback seemed to be that this older issue would have been fixed in an update.

my barely one week old kobo touch has the latest firmware and seems to sync on its own accord with no issue.

but if i tell it to sync then it either gives me a network error message and tells me to check and try again, or it says there is a public hotspot available and would i like to try that. if i say no it does nothing, or if i say yes it opens the browser but then freezes. interestingly after i get rid of the network error message, it will say on top of the screen 'sync complete'. so i am not sure if it is in fact syncing but just saying it cannot.
trying something like opening the store has random success, still trial and erroring that.

finishing a book or bookmarking it has synced successfully.

it seems to be the same issue as outlined in this thread https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=network+error but reply was that it would be addressed in 1.9.4.
i have 1.9.17

so is this still a 'known' issue or is it meant to have been fixed? thanks.
six58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Some people (for instance Taming here) continue to have intermittent WiFi issues. Kobo Devs are aware of this.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
six58

^thanks for the reply - looks like i'll just bear with it for the time being
Old 05-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
As of about Thursday, my network connection issues seem to have been resolved. I am using the WPA2 personal protocol. I guess i am becoming known as the Kween of the Broken Networks. My WEP issues earlier made grown men cry.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
six58

i use WPA2 also.

i'm known in my family to break everything so its natural something should not work properly :P
Advert
Old 05-20-2012, 01:49 PM   #6
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
You have to use personal, not enterprise. Enterprise is NOT supported.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 10:14 PM   #7
six58

oh yes i'm using personal - sorry should have said that to.
the wi-fi does work when it wants to, just not when i want to.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #8
Vormulac
Vormulac began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch and Kindle 3G
Is there any movement on this issue? My KT has started throwing up the 'Oops' network error whenever I try to sync over my wifi, however I can still get to Google on the browser and open the storefront.
Vormulac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hotspot, kobo touch, network error, wireless