Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #1
brauckmiller
Edge User

Reverse Video on EInk side

Not sure that this is possible, though I can't see why not.

I think it would be very beneficial for visually impaired readers to have an option to do reverse video (WHITE ON BLACK) on the eInk side.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
mgm1979
Edge User

I would imagine video playback on the eInk side would be less than ideal...I think I read somewhere that they originally tried to enable web browsing on the eInk side, but the refresh rate just wasn't up to par, so if that's the case, I can't see how video playback would fair any better. Limitation within eInk screens, really - not so much with the eDGe device itself.

Advert
Old 04-06-2010, 04:19 PM   #3
dcubed2
Edge User

Oh, I think he means reversing just the colors (white text on a black background instead of black text on a white background), not actual video.

Old 04-06-2010, 04:27 PM   #4
brauckmiller
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcubed2 View Post
Oh, I think he means reversing just the colors (white text on a black background instead of black text on a white background), not actual video.
Correct...its also called "High Contrast" in the accessibility world

Combining high contrast and landscape on the e-Ink side...this would rock for me!

Old 04-06-2010, 10:11 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I use high contrast on my PC to read, but would it slow the rendering of a page in e-ink ? All that black space to fill in.

Advert
Old 04-07-2010, 09:29 AM   #6
brauckmiller
Edge User

Yeah, I wondered about that myself. This is why I don't know if its feasible, but I would like to hear from Entourage to see what they say.

Old 04-09-2010, 11:41 PM   #7
olivers
Edge User

Think reverse

Only a few black dots to turn the other way ...
Right now everything on the eink side is white to start with.
You turn around characters to the dark side to show characters and when you refresh you turn the dark sided characters to white and then turn the fresh characters to the dark side.

....................... ..... ........ .....
...... ........ ....... ......... .........
...... ........ ....... ....................
....................... ....................

In the illustration above shows a reverse layout. Everything is turned to the dark side initially and the refresh only turns the white characters to dark and proceeds with turning the new characters to white !!!

Refresh should take the same time. All this is provided eink low level interface is dark side neutral !